mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“Extension” for Extracting Songs From a .X6A File"

Posted on: January 04, 2019 @ 03:09 PM
MarkJohnson
Total Posts:  75
Joined  09-03-2013

It’s my understanding that there’s an “Extension” for the MOTIF that allows users to extract Songs from the MOTIF All file and insert them directly into Cubase.  Is there a similar tool for the MOXF?

Mark

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2019 @ 03:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I had hoped that a MOXF owner who uses Cubase would reply (and it would be appreciated if someone did). For now…

There is a MOXF Extension. It’s part of the Remote Tools download. However, I don’t know if it has the same functionality as those for the Motifs.

See https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/index.html?c=music_production&k=MOXF and choose the appropriate one for your computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2019 @ 04:26 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

I own a MoXF and Cubase is my DAW of choice.
Can’t say that I fully understand the question since I tend to use either Cubase or the internal sequencer and has never actually moved a song from the Yamaha into the box.

Attaching the control panel for the MoXF extension even though I can’t see where to import an all file and get the MIDI etc. split to separate tracks.

Just let me know what to look for and I’ll be happy to have another look.

Cheers
zpink

Image Attachments
extension.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2019 @ 04:54 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
zpink - 05 January 2019 04:26 PM

[...] Can’t say that I fully understand the question since I tend to use either Cubase or the internal sequencer and has never actually moved a song from the Yamaha into the box. [...]

Thanks for replying. Based solely on the screen capture, it appears that the XF and MOXF Extension work differently - but it remains to be determined if the capability is eventually the same. It seems that MarkJohnson is primarily concerned about being able to import a Song from a MOXF “All” file into a Cubase project with reasonable effort. I underscored that because transferring a MOXF Song into Cubase certainly can be done, but could require significant effort.

Here’s how it’s done using the Extension with an XF file:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_song_import

Can that be accomplished with the MOXF Extension?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2019 @ 06:13 PM
zpink
Joined  08-02-2014

In my import options in the File menu, I don’t have an option for MoXF song, so it doesn’t seem likely that it can be done (in the same way as for Motif).

This can of course be down to me using Cubase Elements 9.5, and the option may be present in Element’s bigger brothers!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2019 @ 06:43 PM
zpink
Joined  08-02-2014

I didn’t read the whole thing with the attention it’ll require, but here’s a guide how to transfer your song the long-winded way.

https://www.yamahasynth.com/moxf-category/moving-a-moxf6-moxf8-song-into-a-cubase-project

I think that we can safely assume that if there had been a 1-step import, it would’ve been mentioned there.

I’m now rather pleased that I tend to either be doing it all in Cubase or mess about ‘DAW-less’! ;-)

Best of luck to OP though!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2019 @ 11:51 AM
MarkJohnson
Total Posts:  75
Joined  09-03-2013

Great info.  Thanks all.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2019 @ 05:48 PM
zpink
Joined  08-02-2014

You’re welcome and I hope you’ll manage to get your songs transferred successfully, even if you’ll have to do it the ‘manual’ way.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Onboard Interface Question
Next Topic:

Restore voices after reload samples on flash ››