mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Rack XS Multi Mode Volume Problem"

Posted on: January 02, 2019 @ 08:25 PM
trockmf
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-02-2019

I’m having a problem when using multi mode on the Motif XS.

When in voice mode, the patches I’ve programmed to respond to breath work perfectly.

When I switch from Voice to Multi mode on the XS and try to assign a breath patch I’ve created to a Part in the Multi mode, the response is much worse. Almost as if there is some mast/global volume control that is having trouble interpreting the breath data…

Anyone else have this issue working in multi mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2019 @ 10:51 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

A common reason for a Voice not responding the same in a Part as it does in Voice mode is not having turned on “Parameter with Voice” before selecting the Voice.

See Param. with Voice on page 94 of the Rack XS Owner’s Manual for details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2019 @ 02:30 PM
trockmf
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-02-2019

Yea I thought that was the issue but I do have the “paramWVoice” button engaged on the editor.

I use an EWI and have the breath sensor sending out volume CC data. The part volume sliders move smoothly in the editor, but the actual sound is stuttered and inconsistent.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2019 @ 03:12 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
trockmf - 03 January 2019 02:30 PM

I use an EWI and have the breath sensor sending out volume CC data. The part volume sliders move smoothly in the editor, but the actual sound is stuttered and inconsistent.

If the EWI is sending CC#7 (Volume), try CC#11 (Expression) instead.

If that doesn’t help, an alternative that might work better would be to send CC#2 (Breath Control), and then program Controller Sets in the Voices. There you can set the Source (CC#2 Breath), the Destination (Expression or any of numerous other Parameters), and the Depth.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Live changing of volume of parts of a Multi program
Next Topic:

Replacing Encoder Knobs ››