mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Rod Argent’s performance on “The Zombies, She’s not there”"

Posted on: December 04, 2018 @ 12:13 PM
Drums&
Total Posts:  14
Joined  01-23-2014

Rod Argent used a Hohner Mark I electric keyboard on the Zombies “She’s Not There”.  I have a motif XF7 purchased January 2015 with stock voices.  Would someone know what the best sound I have in the data list for electric pianos that would cover his Hohner? 

Bill

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2018 @ 01:37 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  10474
Joined  09-16-2010

I believe the instrument you’re referring to is a Hohner Pianet.
The Vintage Keys library has a decent Pianet Voice (among several others).
http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/motif-xf/classics/vintage-keys-xf.html

If you don’t want to purchase that, the PRE1:046(C14) “Wurli EP Bright” Voice is somewhat in the ballpark, especially if slightly edited…
Turn off Elements 1 and 2. On Elements 3 and 4 change the Wave Number from 188 to 189, and the Velocity Limit from 80-111 to 1-111. STORE to a User Voice location if you want to keep the edited Voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2018 @ 03:37 PM
Drums&
Total Posts:  14
Joined  01-23-2014

5pinDIN,

Yeah the Vintage Keys is on my list to purchase.  However, I think I would like to edit the Wurli EP Bright you mentioned as a learning experience. 

Thanks for your help, Haha I was going to private message you since I had confidence you would know and set me down the road of knowledge.

Thanks,

Bill

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2018 @ 07:51 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome. If you haven’t previously been editing Voices, this is as good a time as any to try. The changes I suggested should be fairly easy to apply.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2018 @ 10:11 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

By the way, you might try turning up the Mod Wheel while playing just a bit, which will add some tremolo.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ S700 Piano for Motif XF question
Next Topic:

Downloading midi files ››