mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pads for worship"

Posted on: November 20, 2018 @ 01:12 PM
BobosCurse
Total Posts:  81
Joined  12-31-2013

If anyone out there is using a MOXF8 for contemporary worship, I’d like to know about the patches you use for those big swirling pads.

A lot of them use something like Omnisphere running an a Mac.
Just wondering if I can get close on the MOX.

So far, not happy with the sounds I’ve come up with.

Would definitely be a collection I’d pay money for!
I play in church every week and am starting up a travelling worship band.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2018 @ 11:45 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

I’m using a Motif XF which has the same soundset in worship. My favorite is the Dark Atmos Pad, then the one called “Heavens Door”. “Gate of Eden” is nice, as are “Thinking of You” and all the “trance” pads. Feather Pad, Paris at Night, Ambient Pizza - this one is my go-to (with arp turned off), Saw Pad, Green Valley (arp off again), 2 Switches to Heaven, VP Soft, Festival of Harmony, On My Way to the UK (arp off or on), Road to Nowhere, Dark Modulation Pad, Mother Ship, Mourn Strings, The Breath, Analog, and Vintage Polystrings are all ones that have gotten use. The Musical Effects category has some nice stuff that’s not in the Pads section too. Lots of reverb and delay and occasionally chorus can do wonders for getting that “massive” effect, as does having cutoff on the mod wheel. Layering can help too. I’ve only made one custom pad sound in two years.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 21, 2018 @ 08:10 PM
BobosCurse
Total Posts:  81
Joined  12-31-2013

Hmmm, my reply didn’t post.

I just want to say thank you for those details.
I went to all the patches you listed.  It never occurred to me to check out the arpeggiated patches.  With the arp turned off, they’re gorgeous.

It’s like I just got a whole new soundbank of great patches.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2018 @ 09:00 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016
BobosCurse - 21 November 2018 08:10 PM

Hmmm, my reply didn’t post.

I just want to say thank you for those details.
I went to all the patches you listed.  It never occurred to me to check out the arpeggiated patches.  With the arp turned off, they’re gorgeous.

It’s like I just got a whole new soundbank of great patches.

Sure, you’re welcome. I found the same thing. As a side note, if you need synth sounds besides what is in the synth comp and lead sections, there’s a good amount of stuff in the synth bass section that works too. Even more so when you switch the play more into poly or mono depending on your usage.

Those patches are ones I use in worship all the time. I find they sit pretty well in the mix with little to no eq’ing. Something that you may want to consider for live use is that if you are using Master Mode (at least on the Motif XF) you can assign your knobs to be a multi-band eq. So if you suddenly need more lows or something, just turn a knob.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ pedal/switch tutorial for the moxf8?
Next Topic:

Creating a Split ››