mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX8 Voice arpeggio recording (newbie)"

Posted on: November 12, 2018 @ 06:08 PM
fardin
Total Posts:  7
Joined  07-04-2013

I have a MOX8. Under “Voice” I found some arpeggios that I wanted to record in a “song”.  But it seems like as soon as I change from “voice” to “song” or “pattern” the arpeggios don’t sound as they did under “voice”.  I tried edit arpeggio and played around but was not able to get arpeggio to sound as it did under “voice”.  I am a newbie so please be patient with my primitive question.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 12, 2018 @ 06:40 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  10549
Joined  09-16-2010
fardin - 12 November 2018 06:08 PM

I have a MOX8. Under “Voice” I found some arpeggios that I wanted to record in a “song”.  But it seems like as soon as I change from “voice” to “song” or “pattern” the arpeggios don’t sound as they did under “voice”.  I tried edit arpeggio and played around but was not able to get arpeggio to sound as it did under “voice”.

You might not have Parameter with Voice turned on. It should be on before you select the Voice.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mox6_mox8_parameter_with_voice

Also see page 114 of the MOX Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48534).

fardin -

I am a newbie so please be patient with my primitive question. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

My experience on Motifator is that we’re reasonably patient, no matter the nature of the question.

The above will likely resolve things for you, but if not, let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 17, 2018 @ 06:42 PM
fardin
Joined  07-04-2013
5pinDIN - 12 November 2018 06:40 PM
fardin - 12 November 2018 06:08 PM

I have a MOX8. Under “Voice” I found some arpeggios that I wanted to record in a “song”.  But it seems like as soon as I change from “voice” to “song” or “pattern” the arpeggios don’t sound as they did under “voice”.  I tried edit arpeggio and played around but was not able to get arpeggio to sound as it did under “voice”.

You might not have Parameter with Voice turned on. It should be on before you select the Voice.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mox6_mox8_parameter_with_voice

Also see page 114 of the MOX Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48534).

fardin -

I am a newbie so please be patient with my primitive question. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

My experience on Motifator is that we’re reasonably patient, no matter the nature of the question.

The above will likely resolve things for you, but if not, let us know.

Thank you 5pinDIN
Following the directions, still the arpeggio under “pattern” or “song” does not sound as under “voice”.  Following are some differences:
1) It seems as tempo of the arpeggio changes when it’s brought into “song”, it plays with faster tempo and I could not figure how to lower the tempo under “song” where I saw tempo under “voice” that could be changed.
2) Under the “voice” the arpeggio sounds more fully, but when brought to “song” it sounds not as glamorous or fully as under “voice” (hard to describe).
3) The volume under “song” sounds less.
Thanks again.  I appreciate your guidance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2018 @ 07:09 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  10549
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome.

There are a few things to consider…
It’s important that Parameter with Voice is turned on before you select the Voice (it won’t work if the order is reversed). If you’ve selected the Voice first, turn on Parameter with Voice, select a different Voice, and then reselect the one you want.

Songs and Patterns have a default tempo (120), which may be slower or faster than the Arp tempo in Voice mode. The setting can be accessed from the Song/Pattern Play screen - it’s next to the quarter note symbol. See (7) on the screen diagram on page 76 of the MOX Reference Manual and (7) ♩(Tempo) on page 77.

Make sure you’re selecting the same number Arp in Song mode as the one you’re playing in Voice mode.

Default effects will not be the same in Song mode as Voice mode. While Insert Effects are copied from the Voice, System Effects (reverb and chorus) are not.
See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mox6_mox8_introducing_the_effects and download the PDF for details.

Volume of the Voice when copied to a Part in a Song or Pattern will be reduced because typically there will be several Parts playing at the same time. Volume for a Part can be increased if necessary.

I hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2018 @ 07:48 PM
fardin
Joined  07-04-2013
5pinDIN - 18 November 2018 07:09 AM

You’re welcome.

There are a few things to consider…
It’s important that Parameter with Voice is turned on before you select the Voice (it won’t work if the order is reversed). If you’ve selected the Voice first, turn on Parameter with Voice, select a different Voice, and then reselect the one you want.

Songs and Patterns have a default tempo (120), which may be slower or faster than the Arp tempo in Voice mode. The setting can be accessed from the Song/Pattern Play screen - it’s next to the quarter note symbol. See (7) on the screen diagram on page 76 of the MOX Reference Manual and (7) ♩(Tempo) on page 77.

Make sure you’re selecting the same number Arp in Song mode as the one you’re playing in Voice mode.

Default effects will not be the same in Song mode as Voice mode. While Insert Effects are copied from the Voice, System Effects (reverb and chorus) are not.
See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mox6_mox8_introducing_the_effects and download the PDF for details.

Volume of the Voice when copied to a Part in a Song or Pattern will be reduced because typically there will be several Parts playing at the same time. Volume for a Part can be increased if necessary.

I hope that helps.

Thank you 5pinDIN
when I get a chance in the next few days I’ll try to see how matching the effects work.
Thanks again for clarifying.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Voice elements getting lost in songs
Next Topic:

where can I download drivers for mac? ››