mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif xf8 voice library installation"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 08:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
crkwells - 04 November 2018 08:05 PM

Bs knees are in user 4.

Yes, but if you set the Destination to USER 2 (as you claimed to have), and you follow my instructions, Brass will load to USER 2.

crkwells - 04 November 2018 08:06 PM

The Brass library is on my flash drive.

OK. Why are you telling us that? Or did you mean that the Brass Waveforms have been installed to the flash module?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 08:34 PM
crkwells
Total Posts:  15
Joined  01-30-2014

Not the flash module, a usb flash drive. I give up. I wasted $55 on a voice library I can’t use. Thanks for your attempts to help, but I’m done. And I hate this machine. It’s the most user unfriendly piece of crap I’ve ever tried to figure out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 08:43 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
crkwells - 04 November 2018 08:34 PM

Not the flash module, a usb flash drive. I give up. I wasted $55 on a voice library I can’t use. Thanks for your attempts to help, but I’m done. And I hate this machine. It’s the most user unfriendly piece of crap I’ve ever tried to figure out.

I’m sorry that my efforts have been unsuccessful. The XF does require some patience to learn how to use it. You certainly can use the Brass library once you understand how to properly load a specific Bank from the file.

My suggestion is that you contact Yamaha Support in your country, they hopefully can talk you through this. Contact information is on the last page of the XF Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2018 @ 12:43 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
crkwells - 04 November 2018 08:34 PM

I give up. I wasted $55 on a voice library I can’t use. Thanks for your attempts to help, but I’m done. And I hate this machine. It’s the most user unfriendly piece of crap I’ve ever tried to figure out.

Sorry for your hard times and frustrations. You can do this, take a break and get back at it.

All of the information you need is in this thread.

Your Brass Voices occupy User 4 of the file. This is your Source. Destination would be User 2 if that is where you’d like them installed.

Don’t give up, at least for the benefit of those who would like to see you succeed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2018 @ 12:53 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
5pinDIN - 04 November 2018 07:30 PM

Minor problem. You set the Source Bank to USER 2 - but that’s not where the Brass Voices are. I believe they’re in USER 4 - try highlighting that Bank, and hit [SF2]. The Voices from USER 4 in the file should then load to USER 2 in the XF.

So you understand what happened…
The Brass library file has factory Voices in all the Banks except one, USER 4. In your case you loaded the factory USER 2 Voices to the XF’s USER 2. That made it look like nothing happened, because the USER 2 Voices were “replaced” with the same ones it had previously.

This step is the source of your irritation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2018 @ 07:04 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

I hope he comes back.  I’m not smart like 5pin, maybe I missed this.  Did

1. OP say this library has samples (waveforms)?
2. OP say he has a flash board installed to accept user waveforms?
3. Did the instructions address loading with samples?

I am not sure OP understands Source vs Destination yet, as discussed in recent posts.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2018 @ 08:55 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
motidave - 06 November 2018 07:04 PM

I hope he comes back.  I’m not smart like 5pin, maybe I missed this.

You’re doing OK - this doesn’t require specialized knowledge.
Also, I’d bet you play better than I do.  :-)

motidave -

Did

1. OP say this library has samples (waveforms)?

Not directly. He apparently has two DCP libraries, B’s Knees and Brass. I know the first has no samples, the second about 100MB of them.

motidave -

2. OP say he has a flash board installed to accept user waveforms?

Yes, although it’s not clear that he understands that Voices and Waveforms get loaded to different memory.

motidave -

3. Did the instructions address loading with samples?

I am not sure OP understands Source vs Destination yet, as discussed in recent posts.

We didn’t get to address loading with samples, because Source vs Destination indeed does seem to be the issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2018 @ 08:36 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

Thanks 5pin, you’ve always been so kind to me.  I don’t want to brag, but I was able to load Bs Knees.  and VK.  and a few others. 

if OP has a flashboard, he/she doesn’t yet need to know what is going where.  Source and Destination are critical - as he’s got a library file with Voices that were saved in User4 on his flash stick but he wants to load them to User2 on his XF.

But I’d argue the ol’ with/without samples is equal in importance.  If he ever gets the Source/Destination correct but then loads without samples, he won’t hear anything if user waveforms are required and will assume its just a horrible no good very bad keyboard.

I wonder if he threw his board out the 3rd story window yet?

Did we decide you were launching a Montage/MODX forum page yet?  Can’t recall where we landed there :) ...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2018 @ 09:18 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
motidave - 07 November 2018 08:36 PM

Thanks 5pin, you’ve always been so kind to me.

You’ve never given me a reason not to be, you’ve been equally kind, and I try to be helpful whenever possible.

motidave -

I don’t want to brag, but I was able to load Bs Knees.  and VK.  and a few others.

I hope crkwells eventually has similar success. The effort is rewarded.

motidave -

if OP has a flashboard, he/she doesn’t yet need to know what is going where.

From reading the OP’s second post, it seems the confusion was adding to the frustration.

motidave -

Source and Destination are critical - as he’s got a library file with Voices that were saved in User4 on his flash stick but he wants to load them to User2 on his XF.

Indeed.

motidave -

But I’d argue the ol’ with/without samples is equal in importance.  If he ever gets the Source/Destination correct but then loads without samples, he won’t hear anything if user waveforms are required and will assume its just a horrible no good very bad keyboard.

He mentioned previously loading the Brass library, apparently without difficulty, so I don’t think that would be an issue. I earlier suggested that he reformat the flash module and load the Brass library as Type “all” (to avoid further complicating things by having to address duplicates), and then to load the B’s Knees (using “1bankvoice"). That would have worked if Source/Destination was understood.

motidave -

I wonder if he threw his board out the 3rd story window yet?

I hope not, although frustration can drive people to irrational behavior. I suggested contacting Yamaha Support because the immediate feedback of a phone conversation can often can be helpful when other efforts haven’t been fruitful.

motidave -

Did we decide you were launching a Montage/MODX forum page yet?  Can’t recall where we landed there :) ...

Well, “we” is not “me” - that decision is strictly one made by Motifator. I don’t personally have prejudice one way or the other. However, since I don’t own one of those models (and I’m unlikely to), my input would be limited.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Where to get a FireWire FW16E
Next Topic:

Motif XF for sale ››