mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif xf8 voice library installation"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 03:34 PM
crkwells
Total Posts:  15
Joined  01-30-2014

I just purchased my second voice library and am having a heck of a time getting it installed. It keeps overwriting my other voice library by putting it in the user 4 bank. When I get to the menu where I choose a user bank, the SF2 (load) button does nothing. It is making me quite frustrated. Surely you can load more than one voice library. Please help me! I posted before but only got instructions for the XS, whick is NOT the same setup. I have had this darn thing for almost five years and still have not figured out how to do anything on it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 04:45 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re correct that loading a single bank of Voices on the XF differs from the XS procedure. It is definitely possible to load as many as four Voice Banks from libraries.

The XF requires use of the load Type “1bankvoice”. See Loading a specific Voice or all the Voices of a specific Bank from an “all” or “all voice” file on pages 243-244 of the XF Reference Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/48531).

Unfortunately, the screen shot doesn’t have the reference numbers (4) and (5) shown. See the screen concerning Waveform loading on page 244 for those reference numbers.

If you still have a problem (the manual admittedly isn’t particularly clear), please let us know at which step you have difficulty. We can help you.

In addition…
Do any of the libraries you want to load have samples? If so, does your XF have a flash module installed? That can require certain specific loading procedures. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 05:02 PM
crkwells
Joined  01-30-2014

I can’t seem to change the user bank it sends it to. When I choose 1 bank voice and change the user bank to one that I haven’t already installed a library on, the SF2 (load) button does nothing. I installed Bees Knees and it went to User Bank 4 by default and when I tried to install Brass for XF, it put that in the same bank and overwrote the other library. I have a flash board and tried to install it to that but it still put in in bank 4 and overwrote. My understanding is that the user banks are not filled with unique preset voices so they can be loaded with supplemental libraries. I just can’t direct them to different user banks. I have fought with this thing for almost five years and is the least user friendly thing I’ve ever tried to use. Ergh!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 05:51 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
crkwells - 04 November 2018 05:02 PM

I can’t seem to change the user bank it sends it to. When I choose 1 bank voice and change the user bank to one that I haven’t already installed a library on, the SF2 (load) button does nothing. I installed Bees Knees and it went to User Bank 4 by default and when I tried to install Brass for XF, it put that in the same bank and overwrote the other library.

Please see the Reference Manual pages I suggested, in particular steps 4, 5, and 6. Once the file is highlighted in the directory listing (step 4), it’s necessary to press [ENTER] in order for the Banks in the file to be listed (step 5). You can then choose which Bank you want to load. (The PDF that comes with the library will indicate which Bank is correct.) Once you highlight the correct Bank (step 6), pressing [SF2] and then [YES] (step 7) will load that Bank from the file to the Destination Bank you chose before in step 3. Try that and let us know if you’re able to select which single Bank loads where.

crkwells -

I have a flash board and tried to install it to that but it still put in in bank 4 and overwrote. My understanding is that the user banks are not filled with unique preset voices so they can be loaded with supplemental libraries. I just can’t direct them to different user banks. I have fought with this thing for almost five years and is the least user friendly thing I’ve ever tried to use. Ergh!

Voices can’t be loaded to a flash module - only Samples/Waveforms can be installed there. If you’ve tried multiple times to load a sample library, there are likely duplicates stored on the module. If so, I suggest that you format the module to start fresh. Then load the Brass library (which is a sample library) as Type “all”. Once you’ve done that, and it’s working correctly, either load B’s Knees as previously explained (Type 1bankvoice) or before proceeding ask for further explanation of how to do that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 06:00 PM
crkwells
Joined  01-30-2014

I have followed it step by step and now it tells me that it’s completed, I go to the bank I set it to and it is not there. Only the original presets are there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 06:31 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
crkwells - 04 November 2018 06:00 PM

I have followed it step by step and now it tells me that it’s completed, I go to the bank I set it to and it is not there. Only the original presets are there.

1) Which file did you load?
2) Did you load it as Type “1bankvoice”?
3) If it’s not where you intended to load it, then which bank is it in?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 06:41 PM
crkwells
Joined  01-30-2014

It’s not in any bank! I am so frustrated right now I want to puke!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 06:42 PM
crkwells
Joined  01-30-2014

I’m trying to post screenshots but it will only let me upload one picture.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 06:57 PM
crkwells
Joined  01-30-2014

I take that back. It won’t even let me post with one.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 07:00 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
crkwells - 04 November 2018 06:41 PM

It’s not in any bank! I am so frustrated right now I want to puke!

I understand your frustration. Believe it or not, once you “get” how to do this, you’ll find it really isn’t difficult.

However, in order for me to help, I need for you to fully reply to my questions. Please tell me which file you were loading, and if you’re doing so as “1bankvoice” or not. The more information I have, the easier it will be for me to determine how to assist you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 07:03 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
crkwells - 04 November 2018 06:57 PM

I take that back. It won’t even let me post with one.

Attachments are limited in size and file extension. If the shot isn’t too big, then ZIP it first. A ZIP file can be attached no matter the original file type. The ZIP file can include multiple shots, assuming they’re not too big.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 07:09 PM
crkwells
Joined  01-30-2014

Okay. I choose utility, then file. Select Brassxf.n3.x3a. Select 1 bank voice, Bank USR 2. Then I go back to the x3a file, hit enter, says Executing and comes up with folders for usr 1-4 and udr. I scroll to USR 2 and hit sf2. Asks “are you sure?” I hit inc/yes. Now loading, completed. I hit voice and select user 2. All presets. User 3, all presets, user 4, bs knees voices. I even press user 1, all presets. It’s simply not loading.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 07:11 PM
crkwells
Joined  01-30-2014

I thought perhaps there was a problem with the file, but I installed it using all voices and it sent it to user 4 and overwrote the other library so I know the file is fine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 07:30 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
crkwells - 04 November 2018 07:09 PM

Okay. I choose utility, then file. Select Brassxf.n3.x3a. Select 1 bank voice, Bank USR 2.

You set the Destination Bank to USR 2 - OK up to there.

crkwells -

Then I go back to the x3a file, hit enter, says Executing and comes up with folders for usr 1-4 and udr. I scroll to USR 2 and hit sf2. Asks “are you sure?” I hit inc/yes. Now loading, completed. I hit voice and select user 2. All presets. User 3, all presets, user 4, bs knees voices. I even press user 1, all presets. It’s simply not loading.

Minor problem. You set the Source Bank to USER 2 - but that’s not where the Brass Voices are. I believe they’re in USER 4 - try highlighting that Bank, and hit [SF2]. The Voices from USER 4 in the file should then load to USER 2 in the XF.

So you understand what happened…
The Brass library file has factory Voices in all the Banks except one, USER 4. In your case you loaded the factory USER 2 Voices to the XF’s USER 2. That made it look like nothing happened, because the USER 2 Voices were “replaced” with the same ones it had previously.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 08:05 PM
crkwells
Joined  01-30-2014

Bs knees are in user 4.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 08:06 PM
crkwells
Joined  01-30-2014

The Brass library is on my flash drive.