mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Installing Voice Library to MOXF8"

Posted on: October 31, 2018 @ 04:50 PM
jeffkwells
Total Posts:  6
Joined  07-23-2018

Hi all

I would like to install the ‘Inspiration in a Flash’ voice library to my MOXF8. However the instructions say I will lose all my user data. I’ve spent months setting it up. How do I avoid this?

thamks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2018 @ 05:18 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

You will never “lose” any of your USER data if you SAVE it before LOADING any new libraries or other files containing USER data.

SAVE an ALL File (with system) to USB thumb drive, before LOADING anything.  Also be sure to SAVE “with sample” if you have data STORED on an optional Flash Board.

Then, once you explore the new library, you can re-LOAD your SAVED ALL file to the machine, and be just like you were before.

If you identify any portions of the new library you would like to incorporate into your setup, they can then be re-LOAD in a careful location-specific way, to avoid overwriting any of the important USER data in your machine.

See pages 155 to 157 in the MOXF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2018 @ 05:16 PM
jg666
Total Posts:  178
Joined  11-15-2015

I purchased the John Melas software and it made life a lot easier when I installed the Inspiration In A Flash

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2018 @ 05:37 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
jg666 - 02 November 2018 05:16 PM

I purchased the John Melas software and it made life a lot easier when I installed the Inspiration In A Flash

Yes indeed, the Melas software makes many things easier when it comes to the Motif and siblings.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Program change while in Master Mode
Next Topic:

Factory Orch voices question ››