mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I assign a voice to a track of a SMF I loaded into my XS7?"

Posted on: October 26, 2018 @ 05:14 PM
Larry Tate
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-03-2018

1) How do I assign a voice to a track from a SMF I loaded into my XS7?

2) Same question except that this track is a 4-click intro measure and I want a “click” sound (drum sticks clicking together) as found in a drumkit?  The quarter notes are in the measure but need this sound assigned to them.  Since the drumkit is made up of multiple sounds, I’m lost on how to assign the click sound as opposed any of the other drum sounds from the kit.
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2018 @ 08:02 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Larry Tate - 26 October 2018 05:14 PM

1) How do I assign a voice to a track from a SMF I loaded into my XS7?

Edit the Part in the Mixing. Mixing Edit begins on page 233 of the XS Owner’s Manual, Part Edit starts on page 235. Details of Voice selection, etc., are referred back to page 151.

Larry Tate -

2) Same question except that this track is a 4-click intro measure and I want a “click” sound (drum sticks clicking together) as found in a drumkit?  The quarter notes are in the measure but need this sound assigned to them.  Since the drumkit is made up of multiple sounds, I’m lost on how to assign the click sound as opposed any of the other drum sounds from the kit.
Thanks

Same procedure, except choose a Drum Voice. The specific sound will depend on the note number(s) in the Track. If it’s not what you want, you can edit that in the Event List. Song Edit begins on page 192 of the Owner’s Manual.

By the way, if the SMF is a General MIDI (GM) file, you may have to remove a GM Reset command from the beginning of the sequence.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS Rack firewire issue help
Next Topic:

XS6 issue, random autorepeat notes ››