mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "screen info"

Posted on: October 23, 2018 @ 01:47 AM
mkeschinger
Total Posts:  73
Joined  10-25-2011

Hey gang,
I was wondering and honestly not even sure how to search for this so forgive me if it’s a dead horse..;)
The motif xs had a section on voice screen that showed you what the controllers actually controlled. Is there a way to get the XF to do that? I know I can change color and basic format, but I haven’t found a way to show what AF1 is doing, or the ribbon, etc…
:)
Thanks in advance!

MK

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2018 @ 08:33 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Unfortunately certain functionality found on the XS was removed in the XF. On the Voice Play screen, with Screen Setting Type 1, the XF just indicates which of the controllers are active, although it adds for the AF buttons whether the function is momentary (M) or latching (L). With Screen Setting Type 2, there’s additional information concerning Pitch Bend UP/DOWN and range in semis, as well as OCTave and TRANSpose settings.

For details of the XF MW/RB/AF/AS settings, you’ll need to go into Edit mode. The easiest/fastest way I’ve found to get there from the Voice Play screen is to press [F6](Effect) and then [F4](Ctrl Set). The controller Assignments will be displayed, and of course can be edited there. Press [EXIT] if you just want to return to the Voice Play screen.

(For those not familiar with how the XS displayed the information, see attachment.)

Image Attachments
XS ctrls display.gif
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ From Motif XF to MoDX
Next Topic:

Motif XF 7 sounds are muffled ››