mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Managing Stored Samples on the MOTIF XF"

Posted on: October 15, 2018 @ 06:57 AM
synthmax
Total Posts:  56
Joined  05-13-2012

Hi there Everyone,

I have a couple questions about managing stored samples on the MOTIF XF.

1. What is the best way of working out which sample (.WAV) files are being used by keybanks or voices so that ones that aren’t being used can be deleted to save space in USR and Flash Memory?

2. The MOTIF VST Plug-In for Cubase has a function where you can open an .X3A file and import the just the voices contained therein one by one. Is it possible to import voices and and the linked samples one by one in for that voice the same way somehow? Or is there some way to do the same thing with the FILE command on the MOTIF?

I guess what I’m trying to avoid here is loading in a whole bunch of samples into the USR and Flash memory that aren’t actually being used by a voice in the memory of the MOTIF. What’s the best way to manage the space available to store samples on the MOTIF?

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Grant

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2018 @ 12:38 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

To check usage on a flash module by currently loaded Voices,
press [UTILITY] > [F6](Flash) and scroll through the list.
The window under “used by” will indicate usage - a blank indicates no current Voice does.

The Integrated Sampling Delete Same Name Waveforms Job can be helpful in finding duplicate Waveforms that might have been loaded to a flash module. See page 15 of the XF Supplementary Manual (http://download.yamaha.com/file/53105) for details.

[ Ignore ]