mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "CFX PopStudioGrand"

Posted on: October 07, 2018 @ 08:48 AM
hervshahn
Total Posts:  13
Joined  04-10-2010

Hello,

I am using a Motif XF7 as well as a MOXF8 and have recently just for curiosity checked the MODX. Through I did not discovered enough advantages to justify a change there is one sound which I liked very much, the CFX PopStudioGrand.

Is there a way to get this for the Motif XF, or does anyone know a similar one for the Motif XF?

Thanks and best regards Georg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2018 @ 09:58 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I sincerely doubt that Yamaha will ever make CFX samples available for the Motif family. They want you to buy a CP4 Stage Piano or Montage/MODX.

Have you tried any pianos other than the factory ones on your XF or MOXF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2018 @ 12:55 PM
hervshahn
Joined  04-10-2010

Yes I did, some like the CFX Grand from the 40th anniversary pack are coming relatively close but they are not really where the CFX PopStudioiGrand is. You may be right in that they will probably never provide the CFX samples to the Motif XF family, although there might be users who would be willing to pay for it.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2018 @ 01:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It’s my understanding that the so-called “CFX Grand” is based on samples from a CFIIIS. If you don’t already have it, the CP1 download (http://download.yamaha.com/file/60662) also uses CFIIIS samples.

I haven’t heard the CFX PopStudioGrand, but often piano Voices can be tweaked to more closely emulate a different piano.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/learning_to_customize_piano_voices_to_your_playing_style

If you don’t mind using a computer, some third parties have sampled the Yamaha CFX and produced very large (many GB) virtual piano libraries.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 06:37 AM
hervshahn
Joined  04-10-2010

Hi 5pinDIN,

thanks a lot - this is very helpful information, espcially BadMister’s article about tweaking the piano! I will check this out and see if I can get a pinao sound that really satisfies me on the Motif XF and the MOXF

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Will Motifator offer support for the Montage/MODX ?
Next Topic:

Assignable Output Problem ››