mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Drum Sample Loop"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: October 07, 2018 @ 05:34 AM
Wolfgang T.
Total Posts:  74
Joined  11-07-2013

Is it possibile to use a Drum Sample Loop from the Flash RAM in the voice mode in this way, that the sample is looping without holding any key or using the Pedal function (Like the arpeggios running the whole time by using the function “HOLD") ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2018 @ 09:31 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/472628/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2018 @ 03:56 PM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

Thanks for reply.., but what is written in the above link, it is cleare to me that there is hardly a possibility to edit a sample or wave file in in the MOXF. But the mainpoint is, that I have edited the drum sample in the John Melas Waveeditor as followed:

MODE:Loop

But still it was not possible to hear the result as looping Sample in the MOXF.

SORRY to put the question again:

Is it possibile with the John Melas Waveeditor to use a Drum Sample Loop from the Flash RAM in the voice mode in this way, that the sample is looping without holding any key or using the Pedal function (Like the arpeggios running the whole time by using the function “HOLD") ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2018 @ 04:32 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Does it loop if you do hold a key down?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 12:52 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

Yes, If I hold a key it loops!

But as I put the question above, is there any any possibility that the Sample is still looping without pressing any key or pedal, similar to the arpeggios with the function „hold“?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 08:30 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Wolfgang T. - 08 October 2018 12:52 AM

Yes, If I hold a key it loops!

OK.

Wolfgang T. -

But as I put the question above, is there any any possibility that the Sample is still looping without pressing any key or pedal, similar to the arpeggios with the function „hold“?

Please stop repeating your question - I understood that from the beginning.  :-)
I just need to better understand what you are working with.

One more question:
Are you using the sample in a Drum Voice or a Normal Voice?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 10:02 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

As I have a sample drum groove loope with the lenght of 3 second, I put this on the top key in a normal voice or in an element. As I was thinging to touch one time the top key with the Sample, I can play with the others keys a Epiano sound.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 10:56 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Wolfgang T. - 08 October 2018 10:02 AM

As I have a sample drum groove loope with the lenght of 3 second, I put this on the top key in a normal voice or in an element. As I was thinging to touch one time the top key with the Sample, I can play with the others keys a Epiano sound.

The Element using the sample needs to have the AEG and FEG envelopes edited. The Attack and Decay Times should be set to 0(zero), and the Release Time to 127 - the Levels should be set to 127. Those Attack and Decay settings will ensure that the envelopes will not change the character of the sample as it plays, and the sound will hold because the Release Time is at maximum.

See pages 42 and 44 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 11:37 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

Thank you for reply...!

Unfortunatly even I put AEG and FEG (Attack und Decay Times) to Zero and the release time to 127, the volume is decreasing and after 100 seconds there is nothing more to hear.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 12:16 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Then put the sample on a key in a Drum Voice, and set Amplitude Decay 2 to 127/hold for that key. (See page 51 of the MOXF Reference Manual.) Create a Performance with one Part the E. Piano Voice , and another Part the Drum Voice. Set Note Limits for each Part as needed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 01:13 PM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

I put the sample in a Drum Voice on C6, which was working before in the voice mode, but unfortunatly this time in the Drum voice the sample is not working. I tried other Samples (internal Waveforms) and they are all working...!?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2018 @ 01:57 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I’m not certain what you’re saying. Is it that the sample won’t play at all, or that it won’t loop?

If it won’t loop, set RcvNoteOff (Receive Note Off) to ”off”. See page 49 of the Reference Manual.

If it won’t play at all, I don’t know what the problem might be. On my XF I can select a loop from FL1 or FL2, and it will work on any key I choose. For example, I tried House Loop1 (and 2,3,4) from Inspiration In A Flash on C6, and they worked fine.

Just in case the Drum Voice you’re using has a strange setting, try Initializing the drum key first.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2018 @ 05:24 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

As you adviced to initalizing a drum key, I selected afterwards the Sample Loop no. 389 from the Flashport in a drumkit and unfortunatly nothing is to hear. But if I select another sample from the flashport (which was not a wav import from me) I can hear the sound. On the other side, if I select the Sample Loop no. 389 from the flashport in the voice mode, I can also hear it and it works !?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2018 @ 06:52 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Wolfgang T. - 12 October 2018 05:24 AM

As you adviced to initalizing a drum key, I selected afterwards the Sample Loop no. 389 from the Flashport in a drumkit and unfortunatly nothing is to hear. But if I select another sample from the flashport (which was not a wav import from me) I can hear the sound. On the other side, if I select the Sample Loop no. 389 from the flashport in the voice mode, I can also hear it and it works !?

The key’s Element Switch must be “on” and Coarse Tune set to “0” - otherwise, there will be no sound. Initializing the key should make those settings (and others).

Unless another Motifator member can shed some light on this, it seems time to contact Yamaha Support.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 13, 2018 @ 04:17 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

Sorry to go on on this topic:

I managed now with help the “John Mela Wave editor” to use my Sample Loop from the flashport in a drumkit on the MOXF, but the problem is now that the loop is only to hear some seconds.

Therefore I would like ask if there is some adjustment for the relase time or other parameters for solving this problem?

(Please note: In the Voice Mode the Sample is looping by holding a key...)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 13, 2018 @ 04:34 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

I found now the solution:

By using in a Drumkit the parameter Decay2time the value “hold”, the sample is looping continuously.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2