mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF8 or MODX8?"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: July 08, 2020 @ 09:06 AM
tuna
Total Posts:  7
Joined  12-29-2019

I looked at the MODX in a local music store yesterday & unfortunately there was a I set of Nords right next to it.

I played the Nord Stage & Electro 6D & was amazed at how good the key beds felt. The controls are very intuitive & it has DRAWBARS!!!!!

I know I’m committing heresy saying this here but I plan on upgrading to one of these within the next year.

There was also a CP88 right next to the Nords which played very well but…

I definitely won’t get rid of the MOXF but it will probably just stay in the studio as a recording station.

The Nord will go on the 2nd tier in the studio & will travel to gigs which will streamline my load significantly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 13, 2020 @ 06:36 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  262
Joined  12-17-2013

Did Bobos Curse post:

“ My MOXF8 has tens of thousands of hours on it. “ and [\b]

“My biggest issues with the MOXF8 are the limitations of only having 4 parts per Performance and the ability to transpose a part only 24 semitones.....”

in the same post?

One would think that after tens of thousands of hours Bobos would be a little more acquainted with the MOXF8....  unless Bobos is not the one that put the tens of thousands of hours on it....

Or, the MOXF8 is a lot deeper than it looks at first blush.  And perhaps tens of thousands of hours is still not enough to become truly acquainted with the MOXF8.

I dunno....  With the latest updates the MoDX is getting much closer to the MOXF8 and is looking more attractive all the time.  That new automorph feature wow!!!, but I think the pattern mode in the MoDX has 8 sections (scenes) as compared to MOXF8 16 sections .  I have many many sequences that use the whole 16.  Not all of mine sequences use 16 sections but many do.  If the MoDX only has 8 scenes/sections I would notice it right away and instantly feel the pain :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha MODX
Next Topic:

Internal Audio ››