mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Will the Motif be discontued"

Posted on: September 13, 2018 @ 08:09 PM
Vic_Angel
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06-23-2012

Hi guys

From my last post I can conclude that the MODX can be regarded as a stripped down Montage, instead of the Motif as its predecessors.

Can I conclude that the Motif line will be discontinued and replaced by the Montage?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2018 @ 08:49 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  10243
Joined  09-16-2010

The Motif XF was discontinued over a year ago. There never was a Motif-Rack implementation of the XF, and the Motif-Rack XS has been discontinued. You can draw your own conclusions about the MOXF.

It’s my hope that Motifator will continue to support Motif-family models for as long as there’s interest in them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2018 @ 06:29 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  132
Joined  12-17-2013
Vic_Angel - 13 September 2018 08:09 PM

Hi guys

From my last post I can conclude that the MODX can be regarded as a stripped down Montage, instead of the Motif as its predecessors.

Can I conclude that the Motif line will be discontinued and replaced by the Montage?

Vic_Angel, while, Montage and MO-DX may in fact succeed the Motif/MoX
they are by no means replacements.  Because in several ways the Montage/MO-DX have less functionality than the Motif/MoX for example the Montage/MODX don’t have full sequencers, pattern sequencers, or integrated sampling.  The Super knob, and FM engine of the Montage/MODX are not adequate substitutes.

Now owning a Motif/Mox and some version of the Montage might be okay ;-) But the Montage is no replacement for a Motif!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2018 @ 04:42 AM
pjd
Total Posts:  57
Joined  11-16-2013

Yep, the Motif XF/MOXF will be discontinued. Both use the previous generation tone generation ICs (SWP51L) and I doubt if Yamaha has any interest in keeping this old tech alive. I don’t see a Motif refresh happening; Yamaha is watching internal costs carefully and can’t afford too many different product lines/SKUs.

How-evah, the MOX6 is a keeper. It goes out every week to my church gig and I get a lot of value out of its sequencer, pattern/song mode, etc. I plan to get a MODX and keep the MOX6. I’ll deal off some other board, but not the MOX6.

All the best—pj

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MODX