mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Rack XS Arppegiator question"

Posted on: July 28, 2018 @ 08:48 AM
daddyrnr
Total Posts:  21
Joined  10-02-2012

I have been reviewing other post here in the forums and am a little confused if I can or cannot edit/add Arpeggio patters in the Motif Rack XS. From some post sounds like you can..from others, you cannot.

Current project: I am working on New World Man from Rush (Bass part) trying to use an Arpeggio to play the Bass part.  How do I get either a midi file into the rack to play the note, or record into the Motif XS Rack??

Seems the arp is very a confusing subject on the Rack XS

Thanks in advance

Dan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2018 @ 12:59 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Yamaha named the model “Motif Rack XS”, not “Motif XS Rack”, because the Rack XS is not a rack version of the XS. Besides missing the keyboard, the Rack XS doesn’t include several features found in the XS.

Sorry, but the Rack XS can’t load User Arps, and it can’t load MIDI files since it has no sequencer. The Rack models are meant to be driven by external MIDI gear, such as a controller keyboard and DAW.

I had originally considered getting a Rack XS myself, until I realized its limitations in comparison to the keyboard model. That’s why I decided on an XS, and then an XF for the additional Waveforms, Arps, and (optional) flash memory.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2018 @ 07:58 AM
daddyrnr
Total Posts:  21
Joined  10-02-2012

Thanks for the info..starting to find this out as I dig into deeper into my gear… Looking at getting rid of all my rack gear next year anyways so....will make due with what I have currently

Thanks again

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using the rack with both midi and usb
Next Topic:

FW Bus disabled after Win 10 update ››