mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Has Yamaha ever made a Motif FX????"

Posted on: July 17, 2018 @ 04:56 PM
KBWMEMPHIS13
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-17-2018

Heya guys and ladies,
I am part of a backline company and we are getting a request for a Yamaha Motif FX!?!? I have been doing this job for most of my life, I have never seen or been asked for a Yamaha Motif FX 8 keyboard. I politely told the client that the keyboard did not exist. He pretty much called me and my partner a liar and told us that an XF 8 would work for his guy but not for him! That we must get the FX 8 for him for the concert date. I have looked on the Yamaha website and I have not found one thing other than a guy from Nigeria swearing he has an FX for me for 5,000.00. I’m gonna take a pass on him but would love to hear what this community thinks about this. Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2018 @ 07:29 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Yamaha does make an FX…
https://www.yamahawaverunners.com/fx-series/
...but I suspect that’s not in your inventory.

Maybe the guy asking for the FX is a partner of the Nigerian.

Motifs do have FX (Effects, that is).

The color scheme on Motif XF Keyboards is In Black & White.  ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2018 @ 10:04 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

This all sounds very sketchy.

It’s either some kind of scam, how? I have NO idea, or these people are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

The only keyboards they could possibly mean are either a Motif XF 8 or a MOXF8.

We could get into possible typos, but it’s tenuous.

For example he might want a Motif ES 8 with a PLG150-DX board in it, the D is next to F on a qwerty keyboard so a typo could have come out as as Motif FX instead of Motif DX.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2018 @ 02:00 AM
pdiddy
Total Posts:  40
Joined  11-07-2003

Ok, You’ve started it. Who’s the artist needing an FX?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2018 @ 11:17 AM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

Get him a wave runner and put it on stage.  Who knows, maybe its part of their act.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2018 @ 03:39 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
motidave - 22 July 2018 11:17 AM

Get him a wave runner and put it on stage.  Who knows, maybe its part of their act.

Dibs on shotgun.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 23, 2018 @ 09:28 AM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

This reminds me of the last time I backlined a Yamaha.  Told the BL Co I need a Motif XF7.  Can they provide it - yes, sure.  Called them to confirm 2 times, yes - XF7, we got it.  Arrive at the gig, they show up 90 min before gig ... with an XS7. 

“What - aren’t these the same?”.  uh, no, my library will not load into an XS and I have samples on this flash board that has no place to dock in the XS.  Houston - we have a problem.

He scrambled and found me an XF8.  I played the synth/organ on the weighted piano action, which sucked.  Bought a MOXF6 for fly ins shortly thereafter.  Now i have backline trust issues :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XF8 tone generator doubles VI notes
Next Topic:

Number of samples for good piano voice ››