mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF8 Repeating head later in the tune"

Posted on: June 03, 2018 @ 09:29 AM
dkalota@yahoo.com
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-13-2015

On my Motif XF8....I want to know how to repeat the head of a tune later in the song. I am trying to avoid having to play all of the tracks over again and just repeat the head to complete the tune.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 03, 2018 @ 06:50 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Have you already recorded the tune as a Song?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2018 @ 08:58 AM
dkalota@yahoo.com
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-13-2015

Yes...tune is already recorded as a song.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 04, 2018 @ 10:50 AM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
dkalota@yahoo.com - 04 June 2018 08:58 AM

Yes...tune is already recorded as a song.

One approach, depending how much effort you want to put in short of re-recording:

While in Song mode, Use a song job to split the song into a pattern.

Then go into pattern mode get that pattern, and isolate your head, copy the phrases,to
a new pattern that will be placed at the end of the song
and then just write the old + new pattern out as a linear song.

You could append the pattern (once you split the song out) as well if you want.

I guess it all depends on how many tracks your head is on in the song.  But manipulating
phrases (using the patch option in pattern mode) is one way to replicate bits and pieces of a song that has already been recorded.  That is, for each track of your head, there will be a corresponding phrase that you can get at in under pattern mode using the patch option.  Using pattern jobs you can copy these phrases to a new section and then append that section to the original pattern section (the one created by splitting the song out to a pattern). 

Another approach depending on how many tracks your head is on, is to use
jobs in song mode to create additional measures, and then copy events (also a job in song mode), from the head of your song to the newly created measures.

But all of this assumes you are comfortable with using jobs in pattern mode and song mode.

You also have ability to use your sampler to take a audio version of your song and slice the head and copy it to the end and record that way.

Again that all depends how comfortable you are with the integrated sampling and editing features on your Motif.

I dunno how comfortable you are with these song and pattern jobs, and the patch option under pattern mode, but if you are doing the music production on the Motif, learning these jobs are well worth the effort!

[ Ignore ]