mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF8 Freezing Up When I Switch Modes/Master Programs"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: May 15, 2018 @ 09:31 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  9985
Joined  09-16-2010
Mighty Motif Max - 15 May 2018 08:10 AM

I’m not sure as to the stability of the AC there. I’ve never heard of there being any problems, and the church actually uses another Motif XF8 there regularly (not my church). I don’t recall having any issues before. This is only the second time using my own Motif there; the other times I would use the church keyboard but add my equipment on to it. That’s not practical this time around.

As I said, an XF is reasonably tolerant of AC voltage swings, since it has a switching type power supply. The YS200 has a linear regulated power supply, which can be more subject to voltage issues if they’re severe enough.

Mighty Motif Max -

As far as the radio, I found the coordinates for the transmitter, and went to Google maps and figured out the distance from the antenna to the church. It’s 1.8 miles away from the building. Here is some data on the radio frequency etc if it’s helpful. https://radio-locator.com/info/WELY-FM

RF field strength is related to the inverse square of the distance from the source. WELY-FM apparently has an ERP (Effective Radiated Power) of 6000 Watts - at 1.8 miles, it probably isn’t going to adversely affect things in the manner you described (other than interfering with audio).

Issues concerning AC power or RF interference are just conjecture at this point. Determining the actual cause will be difficult or impossible if you can’t replicate the problem at home. However, that would tend to indicate that your XF8 isn’t failing.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Multiple velocity levels: Which approach do you like?
Next Topic:

Eighties Synth Pop Patches ››