mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "KARMA Motif Software - Tell your thoughts"

Posted on: April 26, 2018 @ 02:19 PM
RHproducer
Total Posts:  60
Joined  10-19-2017

Hi guys,

Sometimes I need to lay down a very quick arrangement, I used to work with a PSR Yamaha board and sent Midi data to my DAW and then I used other keyboards and VSTs for a better sound and for productivity.

I sold my PSR when I purchased my MOXF. I have a recent request from a customer that doesn’t really need a fancy musical arrangement just a very quick backing track. I was considering to purchase this Karma Motif software because I heard it could make your Motif work as an arranger keyboard.

http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/motif.html

I visited the website and after reading some lines I got bored and lost interest, it has such amount of text that it makes you feel dizzy.

I think the guy who created it is very smart, and sometimes smart people tend to explain a lot, perhaps that’s what happened here. And the website’s look is like in the 90s, it makes you think it’s old (however old doesn’t mean bad, right? but it would make potential customers to hesitate about purchasing)

Have any of you guys tried it? is it easy to learn? please tell your experience

Greetings!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2018 @ 12:49 PM
djudson
Total Posts:  46
Joined  02-01-2013

Hi - the Karma MOXF software is quite interesting and fun to play with.  It does turn the MOXF into as arranger, and the Karma presets are quite powerful.  The only downside for me was that you have to install the Karma presets over all of your existing SONGs, PATTERNS, etc.  The install basically wipes the MOXF and installs the Karma voices, presets, etc.  This is fine of course if you do a complete back-up in advance, but you’ll need to go back and forth between Karma and your standard MOXF setups using complete installs, etc.  You can’t run Karma and then turn it off and start running the MOXF; it requires a back-up and re-install.  That was an impediment for me, but the type of sounds you can get from the Karma suite are truly amazing.  There is also a bit of a learning curve to figure out the controls (using the MOXF), but it isn’t too bad.  Stephen is very active on the user forum and responded to my questions directly. He was very helpful when I ran into any configuration issues. 

Agree they could use an update to the website, YT videos. 

David

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2018 @ 10:21 AM
RHproducer
Total Posts:  60
Joined  10-19-2017
djudson - 28 April 2018 12:49 PM

Hi - the Karma MOXF software is quite interesting and fun to play with.  It does turn the MOXF into as arranger, and the Karma presets are quite powerful.  The only downside for me was that you have to install the Karma presets over all of your existing SONGs, PATTERNS, etc.  The install basically wipes the MOXF and installs the Karma voices, presets, etc.  This is fine of course if you do a complete back-up in advance, but you’ll need to go back and forth between Karma and your standard MOXF setups using complete installs, etc.  You can’t run Karma and then turn it off and start running the MOXF; it requires a back-up and re-install.  That was an impediment for me, but the type of sounds you can get from the Karma suite are truly amazing.  There is also a bit of a learning curve to figure out the controls (using the MOXF), but it isn’t too bad.  Stephen is very active on the user forum and responded to my questions directly. He was very helpful when I ran into any configuration issues. 

Agree they could use an update to the website, YT videos. 

David

Thank you very much for your reply, this clarifies it. I think I’ll work with patterns and songs in the MOXF. It works better for me. I appreciate it.

Greetings!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Steinberg driver not installing
Next Topic:

MOXF as Sound Module ››