mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "i updated to fw 1.50 from 1.30 without backing up data!"

Posted on: April 18, 2018 @ 02:11 AM
salvosound
Total Posts:  99
Joined  03-08-2013

Hello all, im very sad.
Now i can only see, in my motif xf6, if i switch from VOICE to PERFORM “initialized perform” and “initialized master” if i switch to MASTER.
Voices are safe but i lost all PERFORM slots with relative samples!
What can i do?
Can i find on the network a backup? My prevoius fw was 1.30.
I would’n like to see my keyboard no more usable.. thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2018 @ 02:34 AM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

Oh, solved, guys, did a factory reset selecting ALL through UTILITY-JOB.
Without motifator i woulb be lost!
Thanks to all the contribute to this forum! =)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2018 @ 12:11 PM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

Sorry again but another problem is that, though i did the factory reset, being in the situation that i hadn’t done backup before updating, now, after factory reset, every time i turn on the motif i get the message:
“new flash memory module please load waveform data”
there is something i have to do?
if i skip all seems to work good but i’m not sure 100% about that.
i need to backup again on 1.50, update to the same 1.50 ( i suppose overwriting… it’s possible?), and then load data?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2018 @ 01:26 AM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

Any help please?
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2018 @ 06:23 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
salvosound - 18 April 2018 12:11 PM

Sorry again but another problem is that, though i did the factory reset, being in the situation that i hadn’t done backup before updating, now, after factory reset, every time i turn on the motif i get the message:
“new flash memory module please load waveform data”
there is something i have to do?
if i skip all seems to work good but i’m not sure 100% about that.

Did you have samples installed before you did the OS update?

Do this:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F6](Flash}
What “Total size” and “Free size” are displayed for FL1 and/or FL2?
Are there entries in the Waveform List, or is it blank?

Answers to the above questions will help to determine what to do next.

salvosound -

i need to backup again on 1.50, update to the same 1.50 ( i suppose overwriting… it’s possible?), and then load data?

Reinstalling 1.50 won’t help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2018 @ 06:32 AM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

Thank you for your reply 5pinDIN.
I checked and i have:
- total size: 1022M
- free size : 221M

these are for FL1 (it says: “formatted")

Waveform list is empty

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2018 @ 07:06 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
salvosound - 19 April 2018 06:32 AM

Thank you for your reply 5pinDIN.

You’re welcome.

salvosound -

I checked and i have:
- total size: 1022M
- free size : 221M

these are for FL1 (it says: “formatted")

Waveform list is empty

Although you didn’t answer my first question ("Did you have samples installed before you did the OS update?"), it’s obvious from the “Free size” that there are samples on FL1. I presume that at least one sample library was loaded at some time.

Without a backup “All” file, the Waveform List can’t be properly restored.

Since you were satisfied after doing a factory reset, it seems that the samples on FL1 aren’t important to you. If that’s true, then you could just reformat FL1 and the “new flash memory module please load waveform data” should no longer appear.

I suggest that you become familiar with the information in these two support articles:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_flash_memory_expansion_modules

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/flash_board_session

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2018 @ 07:49 AM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

Thank you again 5pinDIN, i must admit i’m very new to the motif usage, i mean i bought it a few years ago but i have used it very little, due to work needs and other stuff.
So, really, though i don’t know every single particular of motif xf6 types of sounds and samples, i would prefer to have ALL that i had when i bought this yamaha synth.
In a future this should be good if i want to play and learn more things than i could do without a full coverage of sounds.
So i gently ask you if there is a procedure to have all native sounds of the motif xf6.
Regards

Salvo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2018 @ 08:25 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
salvosound - 19 April 2018 07:49 AM

Thank you again 5pinDIN, i must admit i’m very new to the motif usage, i mean i bought it a few years ago but i have used it very little, due to work needs and other stuff.
So, really, though i don’t know every single particular of motif xf6 types of sounds and samples, i would prefer to have ALL that i had when i bought this yamaha synth.

It’s unclear what you had when you first got the XF. Did you ever create a backup file, as suggested early on?…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/465699/

salvosound -

In a future this should be good if i want to play and learn more things than i could do without a full coverage of sounds.
So i gently ask you if there is a procedure to have all native sounds of the motif xf6.

What do you mean by “native”? A factory reset restores access to everything that’s in the XF’s ROM.

Which XF sample libraries do you have, if any? In the thread I linked to above, you mention having the 10th Anniversary Pack, so you should at least have its contents available.

I listed some other libraries available for the XF in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/476086/

Please read the two flash support articles I previously linked to before installing any libraries, and make backups, or you will likely have problems.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2018 @ 09:08 AM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

Yes i have the anniversary pack saved in the yamaha usb that they provide with the synth.
It’s stored there, i will try to install this package on the motif, don’t remember how. There is the manual, i can try. But i think i’m wrong, there’s not enough space in the FL1 to store files in the usb stick.
Thank you again

EDIT:
now i understand better the matter :O :-)
i have 800mb used in FL1 and int he yamaha stick i have 2,8gb free on a total of 3,6gb.
So i think i have already installed the anniversary pack into the FL1 module. But it’s strange for me that in FL1 (the only one module i have, F2 says “unmounted") the waveform list is empty, bah , i’m a noob.
One question: how can i verify the content of FL1?
You can tell me the way or i have to read the manual? :)
Thanks anyway for all your attention.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2018 @ 11:26 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Since you haven’t answered my question, I take it that you have never made any backup files. Unfortunately, the contents of FL1 can’t be accessed without restoring the Waveform List, and that requires loading the non-existent backup.

It also appears that you don’t have the complete 10th Anniversary Pack, which (in the US) included the following:
512MB flash board (FL512M). DVD with several videos (including the XF Fully Loaded instructional), Chick Corea Mark V EP Sample Library, other libraries, etc. GEN16 Z-Pack Zildjian Cymbal VST with FXpansion Yamaha Maple Custom Drum Kit (2 CDs). Activation codes for VSTs - Steinberg Prologue and Yamaha YC-3B Organ Emulator. Keyfax New Media “Drums and Percussion” Patterns. Discount coupons for KARMA Motif, XF Tools, etc. 4 GB Flash drive.

I don’t know what files are on the flash drive. Obviously, those are the ones you could load, as well as the ones I linked to before.

As I suggested previously, you could reformat FL1 and reload libraries you’re interested in. I can’t explain everything about flash module operation in this forum - please read the support articles, and ask specific questions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2018 @ 11:37 AM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

Thank you for all.
Anyway in Italy we are likely to be not so lucky as in U.S. man.
Ha ha =)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2018 @ 12:32 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
salvosound - 19 April 2018 11:37 AM

Thank you for all.
Anyway in Italy we are likely to be not so lucky as in U.S. man.
Ha ha =)

You were lucky to get a 1024MB (1GB) flash module instead of the 512MB one, so it’s not all bad.  :-)

Here’s what Yamaha Europe had to say…
MOTIF XF Special Offer: 10th Anniversary Box now included for free

MOTIF 10th Anniversary Box
Chick Corea’s Mark V & Peter Jung’s Symphonic Orchestra
Two perfect sample libraries in an exclusive package that contains:

More than 730 MB of selected samples on a 4 GB Yamaha USB stick
A FL1024M 1GB Flash-ROM Board for the MOTIF XF
VST-instruments: Steinberg Prologue substractive synthesizer and Yamaha YC-3B tonewheel organ emulator

If that’s what you have, then you can reload it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2018 @ 12:46 PM
salvosound
Joined  03-08-2013

I did, all has gone fine =)
Thanks

[ Ignore ]