mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Master Mode - change only performance on external keyboard"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: October 12, 2018 @ 06:56 PM
EricMonroe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  03-19-2016

ah yes, while i had found that youtube link useful, I did not see that first link, and that is the best documentation yet. Perhaps I can figure a way to ‘execute’ from midipipe to at least get that portion functioning.

Ok, fresh cup of coffee, and maybe have to work this out on the weekend.

thanks soo much!

Eric

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2018 @ 07:10 PM
EricMonroe
Joined  03-19-2016

wait.... what do you mean by backwards? :) I am using mainstage to control everything. It can connect all my controllers to all my synths, and it’s very robust… I am liking it, very visual and flexible.

So when I change patches in it, it would be ideal if it was talking to the correct mixing mode (song).

(i have 4 keyboards, 2 of them are controllers, and right now Mainstage allows me to have each controller preset to run a midi channel, and as u know in mix mode… each keyboard would be talking to a part, i dont have to worry about changing sounds on the keyboard, I would just reach for the correct controller.)

now just to have it change the song! :)

thanks, Eric

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 13, 2018 @ 10:58 AM
EricMonroe
Joined  03-19-2016

Eureka! I am soo happy. haha

I can’t believe I got it to work… with extremely sparse documentation and lots of trial and error.

Ok, so the midi pipe worked. Thank you 5pin for finding that and explaining how the song change is initiated. whew.

woo hoo, Eric

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2