mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Backup Issue"

Posted on: March 04, 2018 @ 02:29 PM
Lincoln
Total Posts:  22
Joined  11-09-2009

Hello ... I have the original motif rack ... trying to back up my multi settings to an early model macbook pro (OS X Ver 10.5.8)

when I plug the rack into the laptop via the usb I don’t see anything that lets me know that they are communicating (I have selected usb setting in rack utility) however the rack does show up in the system profilier of the macbook

when I complete bulk dump procedure I don’t see a file or any indication on the laptop as to where the data is

when I plug the rack into the laptop shouldn’t I see something on the screen like when I plug in a flashdrive ... manual says that when I plug in the units they should start commmunicating shortly

manual mentions matching the midi device # ... how do I set the device # on the laptop ? ... they default device # on the rack is set to “all” ... tried setting it to “1” .. still no luck

downloaded usb-midi driver for mac os x (even though manual bulk dump instructions mentions nothing about downloading driver)

thanks in advance for any help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2018 @ 04:03 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If you haven’t already done so, the first thing to do is install the USB MIDI driver on your Mac. The Rack and Mac software can’t communicate without it.

Next, you’ll need a sequencer program configured to capture the Bulk Dump data - otherwise, the Mac won’t save the data anywhere.

This PDF document covers installation of an OS update, and includes a section on backup:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php?ACT=39&fid=136&aid=15827_LBDDyO0R0EeHHRUe1sZW&board_id=1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2018 @ 07:35 PM
Lincoln
Total Posts:  22
Joined  11-09-2009

Thanks 5pinDIN ... appreciate it ... I am using logic 7 on my mac for sequencing ... the rack is plugged into my midi interface (fireface) via midi cable and the interface goes into the mac via firewire cable ... do I still need to plug the rack directly into the mac via usb? ... also what do I need to do in logic to receive bulk dump?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Change Part Volume through Midi Controller
Next Topic:

i’m scratching my head ››