mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need help setting up MOXF with Sonar"

Posted on: March 02, 2018 @ 12:00 AM
BobosCurse
Total Posts:  81
Joined  12-31-2013

I know this isn’t a Sonar support site, but if I can connect with someone who knows how to set this up, we can take it offline.

I wanted to get back into writing and recording.

First, I had some things working today, and now they just don’t work anymore.  Frustrating.

In Sonar, my MIDI devices are Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8-2, for both input and output.  Audio device is Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO.

On the MOX, I have USB MIDI turned on, local keyboard off.
DAW set to Sonar.

Like I said, I was playing around with some VST instruments and making sure that MIDI tracks were recording.  So I know the basic settings and connections are there.  PC audio (YouTube, etc.) plays through the MOX.

I have no clue what suddenly changed so that now I get no MIDI activity.

When I first got my MOX I was excited to use it as a control surface. 
I quickly gave up on that because I couldn’t get anything to work on that front.

I’d really like to get it going this time and set up a productive work flow so that I’m not spinning my chair around between computer and keyboard.

Appreciate any help!

Edit:  I just thought to use the virtual keyboard as input, and it works.  I can play VST instruments with that, but not the MOX.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2018 @ 12:49 PM
BobosCurse
Joined  12-31-2013

Wow.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2018 @ 04:12 PM
NightSkyStudio
Total Posts:  5
Joined  05-22-2014

Have you checked your MIDI Transmit Channel on your MOXF and made sure you’re receiving on the same MIDI Channel in SONAR?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2018 @ 06:47 PM
BobosCurse
Joined  12-31-2013

Yes.  MIDI Tx on MOX is channel 1, and whether I set the Sonar track to 1 or Omni makes no difference.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOXF8 vs MX88 which do i keep?
Next Topic:

best way to clean the surface? ››