mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Noisy Keys (MOXF8)"

Posted on: February 22, 2018 @ 10:37 PM
cassdad
Total Posts:  64
Joined  04-30-2009

[size=4][/sizeI am now on my 2nd MOXF8 (88 key model for both the 1st and the 2nd).  I am having the same issue with both of them - after playing for a few months, the keys become very noisy!  They seem to get looser (which I don’t mind), but the key noise itself is somewhat unacceptable.  I’ve taken it apart, and found no broken parts, and everything works perfectly… just incredibly loud physical key noise (if you have the piano turned off / turned down, and just play it, the keys themselves make a tremendous amount of noise).

The keys were very quiet when new, but become very loud after a few months of playing.  Granted, I use my pianos for several hours every day, but I still don’t understand why the keys become some noisy.  I’ve greased the undersides of them where they touch the guides, even trying different types of greases, to no avail.

Some have said the back point where the keys hit is the culprit, but it’s not.  Do I need to buy new plastic keys repeatedly?  Does anyone know where the noise is coming from?  And if so, any solution short of buying a new keyboard?

Any help would be most appreciated.  I obviously love this keyboard (I’ve bought 2 of them!) (especially the portability and relatively light weight, for 88 keys, coupled with the great sound and features).  But the physical key noise is driving me nuts.  I don’t like to play amplified loud enough to cover it up (I prefer to play quietly).  Any suggestions?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2018 @ 05:59 AM
blafot
Total Posts:  105
Joined  05-04-2015

Hi.

I know what you’re talking about.
I had a DGX at work and after tre years the keys become noisy. Still works perfekt but theres a sound.
My moxf8 got some keyproblems that Yamaha fixed. They whete not aligned but no noice.
After some time some keys started to make a click-noice that did not work at all when recording to a vocalist, it got into the microphone.
I got it replaced and now I have a MOXF that works perfekt. Perfect keys. Have had it for 8 months and on several gigs and I play hard sometimes.

I also have practise to play softer, and I hope that It will make my keys work longer without noice.

I think after a while there will be some noice on MOXF8 but the keys still works perfekt. It comes from some wear? (dont know the word) over time from where the keys ar fitted at the top that makes them loose.
They still work but makes some noice. Thats the case with the DGX after several years. Still works perfekt but noicy keys.

/M

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2018 @ 04:58 AM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

(I asked about this issue, but I see it addressed in another thread. Thanks.)

[ Ignore ]