mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading a MOTIF XF Performance into a MOXF"

Posted on: February 13, 2018 @ 02:15 AM
Dr. Why
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-22-2015

I apologize if this has been covered, but I have not been able to find and answer in the Forum.

I have both an MOTIF XF7 and a MOXF6.  I have created Performance Patches in the MOTIF using pre-set voices, not unique user voices.  I have saved the performance patches to my computer using John Melas software.  It is my understanding that I should be able load the MOTIF XF7 performance patches into the MOXF6.  I’ve tried to load them using the Melas software and by using a USB memory stick. but the MOXF performance files are not seen by the MOXF.

I my understanding wrong?  If not, what else am i missing?

I have both the MOTIF and MOXF version of the Melas software and can generate performance patches just fine.

Thanks - Mark

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2018 @ 10:19 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

The Melas software isn’t needed to load XF Performances into an MOXF.

1) Save an XF “All"/X3A file (without samples) to USB flash drive.
2) Move the flash drive to the MOXF.
3) Load single Performances or a bank of them to the MOXF. See 1BankPerform and Performance on page 156 of the MOXF Reference Manual (https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/6/330236/moxf6moxf8_en_rm_a0.pdf).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2018 @ 07:15 PM
Dr. Why
Total Posts:  2
Joined  02-22-2015

Thanks for pointing me in the proper direction.  I have now loaded all of the MOTIF FX Performance patches into the MOXF.

As a follow up, I have been using the Melas software with both my MOTIF and MOXF to create performance patches.  Using that software, I thought I would be able to store the performance patches to my computer (windows 10) and transfer them between each keyboard (using the correct version of the software for each keyboard).  The software saves discreet performance patches as *.prf.

Can you provide some guidance on where to look to address this?

Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2018 @ 08:40 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

The *.prf files are a proprietary Melas Performance Editor file that you can obviously save and back up.

You’ll need a copy of Total Librarian for each instrument.

You can transmit your Performances from each instrument to its own version of Total Librarian and then save as a Total Librarian file for that instrument.  In your case, the Total Librarian file suffix would be an *.allxf for Motif XF and *.allmoxf for MOXF.

A MOXF Total Librarian File can be imported into the Motif XF Total Librarian and vice versa.

Once imported, you can transmit to your instrument.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 27, 2018 @ 09:30 PM
Chewie5150
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-19-2018

I stumbled across the playkeyz “80’s Poprock soundset Volume I” and have read a few different threads about it.  So , when purchasing, should I choose the file made for the XF as it appears i can load to the MOXF (without any samples) without any issues? Thanks in advance. Just looking to confirm this is the right one to choose

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2018 @ 12:31 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Chewie5150 - 27 February 2018 09:30 PM

I stumbled across the playkeyz “80’s Poprock soundset Volume I” and have read a few different threads about it.  So , when purchasing, should I choose the file made for the XF as it appears i can load to the MOXF (without any samples) without any issues? Thanks in advance. Just looking to confirm this is the right one to choose

I’m not sure of the status of the XF PopRock and compatibility with the MOXF

Be sure your machine has the latest OS update.

It may be that a MOX version is available also.  Please refer to This Thread for more information and discussion.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 28, 2018 @ 01:10 PM
Chewie5150
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-19-2018

Thanks will make sure my OS is updated to most recent. I actually emailed Rick from Playkeyz and he sent me the correct version for my MOXF!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2018 @ 10:38 PM
motidave
Total Posts:  426
Joined  10-03-2010

I bought Poprock long ago for XF.  You can transfer voices and performances from XF to MOXF, this library is no different than transferring any XF library file.  It uses only preset waveforms, there are no user samples.  Remember MOXF only has 3 user voice banks and 2 Perf banks, vs 4 each in XF.  So therre’s that ... you can’t transfer everything.

If I recall pop rock default was to load to Voice bank 3, as it was originally designed for XS.  I don’t think there was any difference for XF vs XF for that library.  They just changed the name on the marketing ad.  Of course you can direct a user voice bank to a different bank.

PR1 and 2 are both good cheap library if you play vintage covers or want the sounds like from those vintage hit keyboard songs, theres a lot of good sounds.  I didn’t use the Performances, i always create my own based on how i want to play the songs.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sustain footswitch for sequencer control
Next Topic:

editing a voice in performance ››