mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Creating arps on Motif xs6 … Please help"

Posted on: February 06, 2018 @ 10:28 PM
SDXSDUDE
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-07-2011

Hi all.
Can anybody please help me.
I am using my xs6 in performance mode and triggering drum arps (preset) for my band.  But i want Make my own arps but I’m struggling to understand how to do it.
If anyone can help or give advise i would muchly appreciate it.
Than you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2018 @ 01:07 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully the following support articles and thread will help with understanding arps and Put Track To Arpeggio…

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/arpeggios_explored_part_i

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/arpeggios_explained_part_ii_sort_direct

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/459385/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2018 @ 10:22 PM
SDXSDUDE
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-07-2011

Thank you ... that is very helpful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2018 @ 03:15 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

You may also find This Thread useful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2018 @ 02:00 AM
Mulzac1301
Total Posts:  34
Joined  12-23-2016

I am trying to create user apps on my motif xs6 to be used with new user performances, but when playing my new performances,the bass line and chords (usually part 2 and part 3) are transposed to higher or lower octaves according to the respective key octaves played.

This is unlike other original motif xs6 performances which maintains their part 2 and 3 preset arp voice key octave for perfect harmony across the note limit range of C-2 to B-2. (Ref. Performance USR 1:040 C08 Hot Sauce)

My arps are created in song mode, using “Put Track to Arpeggio.”
The drums sounds are OK.  I used the “fixed mode”
For the bass and chords I tried both “normal” and “original notes”

I even tried editing part 2 and 3 “Output Octave Shift” to no avail.
The notes/ chords key octave is not fixed, but keeps getting shift to its relative octave and sounds terrible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2018 @ 05:40 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Mulzac1301 - 30 August 2018 02:00 AM

I am trying to create user apps on my motif xs6 to be used with new user performances, but when playing my new performances,the bass line and chords (usually part 2 and part 3) are transposed to higher or lower octaves according to the respective key octaves played.
[...]

After selecting Convert Type “org notes” for the bass line, have you properly set the “Original Notes Root” Parameter? It should be set to the note on the keyboard that will trigger playing of the Arp phrase (bass line) at its original pitch.

See (4) Original Notes Root in section 07: Put track to Arpeggio on page 206 of the XS Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2018 @ 12:24 AM
Mulzac1301
Joined  12-23-2016

Thanks for you reply.

I followed the instructions “Put track to Arpeggio on page 206 of the XS Owner’s Manual.” but the bass and backing (chords) parts keeps changing octaves accordingly and do not remain fixed to the “Original Notes Root”

I will use a simple three note C,E and G bass line as an easy illustration.
In Put Track to Arpeggio with C1 as the “Original Notes Root” and org notes as “Track Convert Type”, when played at octave C2,D2 etc, the bass line changes to the higher octave C2,D2 and do not remain fixed to C1,D1.

This contrary to the bass and backing parts (arps) on the XS6 performances which remains fixed to their preset values for perfect harmony when played.

I hope I am explaining correctly not a bother, but I am just trying to create some new arps to be used in new user performances that sounds similar or close to those on my Motif XS6. (Best keyboard in the world.... IMHO)

BTY, were some of the preset arps on the XS6 created using “Put Track to Arpeggio” method?”

I couldn’t find any info under edit or common edit.

Again, thanks for your speedy response.

Appreciate any help.

Regards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2018 @ 05:11 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

OK, I think I understand what you want - to be able to play the Arp chromatically, but without transposition beyond the original octave. That wasn’t clear from your earlier post…

Mulzac1301 - 30 August 2018 02:00 AM

[...] This is unlike other original motif xs6 performances which maintains their part 2 and 3 preset arp voice key octave for perfect harmony across the note limit range of C-2 to B-2. (Ref. Performance USR 1:040 C08 Hot Sauce)[...]

...because C-2 to B-2 is just one octave, but those Arps in “Hot Sauce” are actually playable from C-2 to B2, which is five octaves.

Unfortunately, “org notes” will transpose, as you mentioned.

If you look at the names of the Arps in Parts 2 and 3, you’ll see that they end in ”_XS”. Arps with that suffix are Motif XS Type Arpeggios. Such Arps have special characteristics that aren’t available with “Put Track to Arpeggio”.
See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/arpeggios_explored_part_i for some details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2018 @ 03:45 PM
Mulzac1301
Joined  12-23-2016

Based on your response and my review of the suggested references, it appears that it is impossible to use “Put Track To Arpeggio” method to create new arps in performances assigned to part 2 and 3 (ie bass and backing parts) to be able to play chromatically without transposition beyond the original octave. 

If so, can any of the preset “XS” Arps (part 2 and 3) be modified to create new “XS type” Arps for use in new performances playable from C-2 to B2.

Again, referencing User Performance USR 1:040(C08) Hot Sauce.

Do you have any instructions how to modify the existing bass (Mega Finger +Slap) and Rock Grand Piano voices to create new new bass lines and strumming Arps for use in a new Performance (eg Hot Sauce 2?) without affecting their original “XS type” characteristics ?

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Regards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2018 @ 09:37 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Although you can’t create your own XS type Arps, you can significantly modify their feel by applying ARP FX (Arpeggio Effects).

See pages 26, 64, and 90 of the XS Owner’s Manual.

Also see the ARPEGGIO PLAY EFFECTS section of this article:
http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/PLAYING_PERFORMANCES.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Lightshow control with MOTIFXS song tracks
Next Topic:

Midi question ››