mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can’t change attack time for Piano"

Posted on: January 25, 2018 @ 11:33 AM
Flatty
Total Posts:  18
Joined  12-07-2007

Keyboard: XS8

I’m to be having trouble with a seemingly simple issue.

When I pull up a voice like Classical Piano (the first voice), I attempt to dial the Attack knob (above the sliders) to make the attack longer, but this isn’t working. The attack doesn’t seem to change.

I can pull up nearly any pad synth and the voice easily responds when I change the attack knob, but none of the piano sounds seem to be responding. What am I missing here?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2018 @ 01:24 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Flatty - 25 January 2018 11:33 AM

Keyboard: XS8

I’m to be having trouble with a seemingly simple issue.

When I pull up a voice like Classical Piano (the first voice),

The first Preset Voice (PRE1 A01) on an XS is “Full Concert Grand” - not “Classical Piano”, which isn’t a factory XS Voice. That Voice might be one from a library that has been loaded to a User location.

Flatty -

I attempt to dial the Attack knob (above the sliders) to make the attack longer, but this isn’t working. The attack doesn’t seem to change.

I can pull up nearly any pad synth and the voice easily responds when I change the attack knob, but none of the piano sounds seem to be responding. What am I missing here?

Presuming that the LED for TONE 1 is lit…

Piano Voices are typically programmed differently than synth pads. Real acoustic pianos tend to have fairly rapid attacks.

A possible cause and solution:
If the Initial Level of the Amplitude Envelope Generator (AEG) for an Element is set sufficiently high, turning the Attack knob will have little or no effect for that Element. In that case, if you’d like the Attack knob to have more function, the Voice can be edited…
1) Set the Attack knob to center detent position.
2) Press [EDIT] > [COMMON EDIT]
3) Press a number button [1]~[8] to select an Element
4) Press [F4]Amplitude (see page 122 of the XS Owner’s Manual)
5) Press [SF2]AEG (see page 123)
6) If Initial Level setting is high, try reducing it. The closer the setting is to 0 (zero), the more the Attack knob will have an effect. If Attack Time was set high, it may have to be adjusted lower once the Initial Level is lowered.
7) Repeat steps 3~6 for all of the active Elements of the Voice.
8) If you want to keep the edited Voice, STORE it.

Of course, the Voice could just be edited so that the attack is what you want with the Attack knob left in center position.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Noob: store/load song in Motif XS
Next Topic:

Tuning in performance mode ››