mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "midi my hammond xk-3"

Posted on: January 21, 2018 @ 01:27 AM
Baseball32
Total Posts:  4
Joined  04-09-2014

I am using a pattern
[4 voices}for a live patch. I would like to make channel 2 play my Hammond xk-3 sound with midi. How do I do this? Thanks, Ty

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2018 @ 02:55 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

You don’t really say whether you only play your (4) PARTS one at a time, or play multiple PARTS together at times.

If you play them together (i.e. more than one at a time), no doubt you are used to not having individual control over the level of each PART independent of the others.

If you can live with not mixing the levels of your PARTS independently, than you can stay in PATTERN or SONG Mode to additionally address your XK-1.

If you desire to have real-time independent control of the level each PART plays at...including your MIDI’d organ, you will need to associate your PATTERN or SONG with a MASTER location, using ZONES in MASTER Mode.  MASTER Mode will allow you to address the volume level of up to (8) PARTS...both internal an external as you wish...with the (8) sliders on the XF.

Start with This Thread, and then let us know more precisely how you need to address your PARTS live (real-time).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2018 @ 12:32 PM
Baseball32
Total Posts:  4
Joined  04-09-2014

thank you! I will use a master setting . 8 is twice as dood as 4. But how do I hook up the midi to the Hammond and control it from the motif?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2018 @ 05:29 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Baseball32 - 21 January 2018 12:32 PM

thank you! I will use a master setting . 8 is twice as dood as 4. But how do I hook up the midi to the Hammond and control it from the motif?

Run a 5pin MIDI cable from the MIDI OUT of the XF to the MIDI IN of the Hammond.

To use a SONG or PATTERN MIXING alone, set your PARTS and MIDI channels per the instructions given in the linked thread:

“Use a SONG MIXING or PATTERN MIXING program
Place your VOICE in PARTS of a MIXING program
Set the MIDI channels as you require to accomplish your goal

Press [SONG]
Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press numbered button [1] to select PART 1
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF1] VOICE
Select the VOICE you want for PART 1
Repeat for the PARTS 2, 3 and 4

Set the MIDI Receive channel for PARTS 1, 2 and 3 to Channel 1
Set the MIDI Receive channel for PART 4 to MIDI Channel 2

Use the NOTE LIMIT parameters for each PART to define the region on the keyboard you want each PART to sound.
Name the SONG something that will remind you of this seting.
Press [STORE] to store you SONG MIXING setup to Flash ROM.

Set you external keyboard to transmit on MIDI channel 2.

Make sure you Motif XF is set to MIDI IN/OUT = MIDI
Press [UTILITY] > [F5] CONTROL > [SF2] MIDI
Set MIDI IN/OUT = MIDI ”

Note as discussed, you will not have independent slider control with this setup, to get that, you will need MASTER Mode.

To use the MASTER setup as mentioned in my post above (with a SONG or PATTERN associated with the MASTER), and later in the linked thread:

You will need to be familiar with how MASTER Mode works.  Are you?

If not, This Article is where you should start.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ iOS High Sierra and Melas suite?
Next Topic:

XF Sequencer Memory - Where to from here? ››