mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Incorporating Motif ‘Classic’ with Presonus Studio One 3.5….Help, please"

Posted on: January 03, 2018 @ 11:21 AM
koontz70
Total Posts:  1
Joined  01-02-2018

Hi,

I own the ‘Classic’ Motif 7 and would like to be able to have the ability to select voices by name/bank in Presonus’ Studio One software like I was able to do previously in Cakewalk’s Sonar (via saving to a .ins instrument definition file). Is anyone aware of if there is a way (or a utility) that can help accomplish this integration into Studio One?

I’ve currently set up my Motif as both a ‘keyboard’ and a ‘control surface’ in Studio One and it can, indeed, read and record the Motif’s MIDI notes (including the data generated by modulation wheel movements), but the real issue is that once the MIDI notes are recorded I can’t go back out (thru Studio One) to my Motif to select/retrieve its voices for later use/replacement, as there appears to be no voice/bank/patch recognition detectable by Studio One. I know the Motif’s an antiquated beast, but since Sonar could do it in every version I’ve ever used (again, via a .ins instrument definition file), I’d like to think there may be a way/workaround to accomplish this?

I’ve checked out the Presonus Studio One boards and the Yamaha Synth pages…who recommended I return to the Motifator forum. So, I am hoping that someone here might be able to direct me to a solution.

Many thanks for any insight, folks and a Happy New Year to all!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Classic File Utility?
Next Topic:

Sticky or not working buttons ››