mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "odd problem with my motif…"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: December 12, 2017 @ 03:07 PM
JOHN GARGANI
Total Posts:  21
Joined  01-09-2012

no, I am not in master mode, and I just finished reading and re-reading the reference manual all about master mode and how you can turn off aftertouch and was experimenting with it, but it didn’t sound correct to me.....

I was able to turn off after touch reception in the Integra and this time it worked…

but boy, that whole master mode thing is entirely confusing, where you have to create one for each sound you want to use?

You can’t even get to the page where you can turn off after touch unless you have zone turned on and then select a zone number. Why you can’t just turn off after touch for the whole keyboard without specifying zones is beyond me....

no wonder I never paid much mind to master mode, was never able to fully decipher it....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2017 @ 04:53 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I thought you might be using Master mode due to this in your original post in the thread:
“Since I employ the sequencer with the motif and use it as my master keyboard, this is an annoying problem.”
You haven’t revealed which mode you are using.

It’s not clear how the XF is being used, besides as a controller. If it’s in Voice mode, then there’s no XF setting to prevent transmission of aftertouch. In that case, filtering it at the receiving end (in this case the Integra) is the correct approach.

If you’re using the XF to sequence, you can elect whether aftertouch is recorded, or if the XF transmits aftertouch when the sequence is played. With the default settings it’s not recorded, but is transmitted. See the Sequencer Setup MIDI Filter Settings on page 232 of the XF Reference Manual for details.

Setting up Zones in Masters is not difficult, and can be quite convenient when using external gear. However, I’m not going to try to convince you. If you ever want to pursue the topic further, this support article should prove helpful:
http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/XF_MasterMode.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2017 @ 06:11 PM
JOHN GARGANI
Total Posts:  21
Joined  01-09-2012

I will check out both your ref. manual page and the link…

again, I cannot thank you enough for the patience and persistence you have shown me…

I have learned a lot over the years, but obviously I am far from an expert with these machines:  same thing with the XD:  for all I have learned, when I watch a video there is so much more one can do with it…

Back in the days when these synthesizers and such first came out, our local Sam Ash was a blessing, as they had a quality and stable staff that knew every keyboard thoroughly, and in addition to that, the companies themselves would regularly schedule seminars: they used to have a chalkboard showing all the upcoming seminars by the company reps.

Nowadays, that same Sam Ash has a constantly changing staff and when I know more about the keyboards than they do, they are really in trouble! LOL...it was a great era though, back then and I used to know my Ensoniq keyboards inside and out with all the first hand help that was available.

You tube certainly helps with certain things, but in person, is when you really learn.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2017 @ 07:16 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
JOHN GARGANI - 12 December 2017 06:11 PM

I will check out both your ref. manual page and the link…

again, I cannot thank you enough for the patience and persistence you have shown me…

You’re welcome - I’m glad to help.

JOHN GARGANI -

I have learned a lot over the years, but obviously I am far from an expert with these machines:  same thing with the XD:  for all I have learned, when I watch a video there is so much more one can do with it…

Back in the days when these synthesizers and such first came out, our local Sam Ash was a blessing, as they had a quality and stable staff that knew every keyboard thoroughly, and in addition to that, the companies themselves would regularly schedule seminars: they used to have a chalkboard showing all the upcoming seminars by the company reps.

I remember those days. It was nice to be able to go to a relatively local bricks-and-mortar store where the staff knew something, and where you could actually play a model you were interested in. That situation is indeed a rarity now.

JOHN GARGANI -

Nowadays, that same Sam Ash has a constantly changing staff and when I know more about the keyboards than they do, they are really in trouble! LOL...it was a great era though, back then and I used to know my Ensoniq keyboards inside and out with all the first hand help that was available.

You tube certainly helps with certain things, but in person, is when you really learn.

I “hear” you. Fortunately, Motif help is still available here on Motifator.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2