mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help! Info’s about FIRMWARE UPGRADE MOXF6 and Win XP SP3 Cubase AI"

Posted on: November 08, 2017 @ 12:47 PM
mox6fmao
Total Posts:  5
Joined  12-10-2013

Hi Folks!

I’ve got my MOXF6 in 2013 and I never used it connected via USB with a PC and in bundle software Cubase, editor, etc.
Now I would start the experience with the DAW and Cubase connecting the MOXF6 with a PC.
What is necessary to do in order to get full compatibility MOXF6/PC(and software)?
My actual situation is:

- MOXF6 FW V1.00.2 (from factory)

- PC WINDOWS XP Professional SP3 Intel Core 2 CPU GHz 2GB(ram)

On Yamaha website The latest MOXF6 FW version is V1.12
It’s necessary upgrade the moxf6 FW anyway or the system is working fine however?

What Cubase AI version could be used actually instead of the oldest I’ve got buying MOXF6 ? Can I get a version YAMAHA/STEINBERG Agreement?

Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2017 @ 01:55 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
mox6fmao - 08 November 2017 12:47 PM

[...] What is necessary to do in order to get full compatibility MOXF6/PC(and software)?
My actual situation is:

- MOXF6 FW V1.00.2 (from factory)

- PC WINDOWS XP Professional SP3 Intel Core 2 CPU GHz 2GB(ram)

On Yamaha website The latest MOXF6 FW version is V1.12
It’s necessary upgrade the moxf6 FW anyway or the system is working fine however?

Earlier versions of the firmware had problems. Here’s what Yamaha has to say about up them…
==============================================================
Main Fixes and Enhancements
V1.11 to V1.12
- Solved a problem in which audio data could not be transferred to/from an iOS device with iOS 10 via the USB terminal.

V1.10 to V1.11
- Solved a problem in which operation would freeze when pressing the fast-forward button during playback while a Tempo or Scene Track was selected in the Pattern Chain Edit display.
- Solved some other minor problems.

V1.03 to V1.10
- Now allows connection to iOS. However, the confirmed operability is for version 7 or later, and is limited to iPad mini retina display models (A1489, A1490, A1491), iPad Air (A1474, A1475, A1476), 4th generation iPad (A1458, A1459, A1460) and iPhone 5siA1453, A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530, A1533j, iPhone 5ciA1507, A1516, A1526, A1529, A1532, A1456j.
*The text in parentheses above indicates the model numbers, and they are listed on the back of the main body of the iPad and iPhone.
- When polyphony is relatively large, the problem that some notes may have been delayed was improved.
- Solved a problem that operation might freeze when an empty waveform is selected and a continued note-on message is received with the XA control set to KeyOffSound in Voice Element Edit.
- Fixed a problem in which arpeggio output, excluding the recording channel, was recorded in Song recording.
- Solved a problem that the part designation of parameter change became Part 1 at all times when operating a knob, when Local Control was set to Off.
- Solved a problem that SysEX messages which were received over a port other than Port 1 were recorded to a Song.

NOTICE:
- When transmitting and receiving MIDI/audio data on the Mac and Windows platforms, make sure to install the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver.
- When updating the firmware to V1.10 or later, make sure to use the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver version 1.8.6 or later.

V1.02 to V1.03
- Solved a problem that resulted in incomplete reading of User Arpeggios when loading a file created on a MOTIF XF6, MOTIF XF7, or MOTIF XF8.

NOTICE:
You cannot load the file that was saved within firmware version V1.03 or later with firmware version V1.02 or earlier. However, you can load the file that was saved within firmware version V1.02 or earlier, and you can load the file within firmware version V1.03 or later.

V1.00 to V1.02
- Added a HALion5 Control Template for Remote mode.
- Solved a problem that prevented sounds being produced correctly when sample data had been read into an FL512M or FL1024M Flash Memory Expansion Module (sold separately).
- Solved a problem that prevented MOXF6/MOXF8 Editor from going offline when an FL512M or FL1024M Flash Memory Expansion Module (sold separately) was formatted or had waveform data deleted while it was online.
- Solved a problem that prevented Voice Banks of part parameters for Performance, Song Mixing, and Pattern Mixing being correctly read when loading a file created on a MOX6 or MOX8.

==============================================================

mox6fmao -

What Cubase AI version could be used actually instead of the oldest I’ve got buying MOXF6 ? Can I get a version YAMAHA/STEINBERG Agreement?

You could try installing the version of Cubase that you already have. If you decide you want something more, I suggest that you set up an account at Steinberg and investigate if they have an upgrade path.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg/my_products.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2017 @ 04:24 PM
mox6fmao
Total Posts:  5
Joined  12-10-2013

A question about this sentence:

NOTICE:
- When transmitting and receiving MIDI/audio data on the Mac and Windows platforms, make sure to install the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver.
- When updating the firmware to V1.10 or later, make sure to use the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver version 1.8.6 or later.

DOes it work he Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver version 1.8.6 or later with WIN XP ?
I had red that the last Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver version working with Win XP was V1.8.0

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2017 @ 05:55 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

MOXF OS update version 1.10 requires the V1.8.6 driver. However, since you’re using Win XP, as you mentioned you should limit the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver version. Therefore, for running XP, only update the MOXF OS to version 1.03.

[ Ignore ]