mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Arpeggiator help - 1:G 2:G 3:F 4:Rest arpeggio from Hella Good by No Doubt"

Posted on: November 02, 2017 @ 07:48 PM
djfl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  03-24-2015

Hi all. I feel like I’ve been through every arpeggio on this machine. Does anybody know how to mimic the main crunchy arpeggio that runs through almost the entire song? It plays GGF on 123, then rests on 4. It’s such a simple little arepeggio, but I don’t seem to be able to find it.

Also, is there any way to search arpeggios by what they do? I have the Data list so I can see all the arpeg’s names, but there’s really not much description, nor am I sure it’s feasible to describe all of them.

Either way, thanks a lot!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2017 @ 08:57 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Have you considered the option of constructing the arpeggio yourself?

Perhaps you could elaborate on your needs/expectations for using the arpeggio in your specific environment...e.g. live performing, recording, just for fun.....?

That would help to point a direction for a specific approach.

I don’t envy you searching the entire XF arpeggio archives for the one that does exactly what you want!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2017 @ 01:41 PM
djfl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  03-24-2015

I’m in a cover band that plays live. I’d like to be able to hit both the F and G notes and have that trigger the arpeggio.

I’m not sure how to construct the arpeggio myself. I’ve started looking into pattern mode. I am struggling with it and, either way, it’s going to be hard for me to record the pattern as consistently as a repeated 1-measure arpeggio. It has a very non-live sound and is obviously done in a studio. This is where I as a keyboardist am supposed to be able to step in and make it happen, but I’m at the limits of my knowledge.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2017 @ 03:00 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If the Arp you need repeats for each measure, then you only have to record one measure correctly, convert that to an Arp, and loop it. You could even record several measures, keep one measure that’s the best, and convert that.

Have you seen this?…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/arpeggios_explored_part_i

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mute MIDI Events in SONG Mix
Next Topic:

Advancing to next voice ››