mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Why Can’t I Save My RCV/Controller Set Assigned Changes?"

Posted on: October 10, 2017 @ 12:01 AM
tonygardner
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-15-2015

Hello.

I’m trying to figure out why the changes I make to RCV/Controller Set assignments get reverted back to defaults for each voice/part in my Multi.

Here’s what I did with Multi #001:
1. Changed the Global Controller Assigns to CC’s 21-29, and programmed these into the 9 sliders on my MIDI Controller.
2. On voice/part #1 I picked “Full Concert Grand” and set the RCV/Control Set to various assignments.
3. On voice/part #2 I assigned “Back Ground” and set the RCV/Control Set to various assignments.
4. On voice/part #3 I went with “JP Strings” and set the RCV/Control Set to various assignments.
5. On voice/part #4 I used “Jazz 2nd Perc + C3” and set the RCV/Control Set to various assignments.

Next --
6. I saved everything to a file.
7. I clicked Store and confirmed that the changes were saved.
8. I scrolled away Multi #001 to Multi #002, then back again to Multi #001.

At this point, the RCV/Controller Set assigned are reverted back to their default values.

BTW, this will also happen if I select a new voice. So if I set the RCV/Controller Set assignments the way I want for “JP Strings” and decide to change the voice on that part to anything else, the RCV/Controller Set assignments go to their default values for that voice. I completely accept that, but am having trouble understanding why my saved assignments are not being retained after completing the above Steps #1-8.

Thanks In Advance,
Tony Gardner

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2017 @ 05:33 PM
tonygardner
Total Posts:  39
Joined  08-15-2015

I was able to resolve this one on my own.

Apparently, I didn’t understand that the RCV/Controller Set assignments which I was making to the voice/parts were a part of the VOICE, not a part of the MULTI.

To correct this, I could either create each voice in one of the User Banks, and use those in my multi, or save them as one of my Mixing Voices (probably the better of the two options).

Cheers,
Tony G.

[ Ignore ]