mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Messed up with 40year premium contents"

Posted on: October 03, 2017 @ 08:38 AM
Heath88
Total Posts:  5
Joined  10-03-2017

Hi Motifator, Im’ new bee here who came from s90.
I just bought Motif xf8 and i needed little more voices so bought 40 year premium package additionally.
I was very happy right before push the button ‘save’ in file menu.
I don’t know what was happened but when i try to load ‘Yamaha Ultimate piano collection’, ‘twisted tools’ is installed. I suggest Twisted tool is over written to piano collection or some files might be twisted in USB memory. I don’t have backup files yet. So if somebody can give me an advise, it must be so helpful.
Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2017 @ 09:37 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Heath88 - 03 October 2017 08:38 AM

Hi Motifator, Im’ new bee here who came from s90.

Welcome to the forum.

Heath88 -

I just bought Motif xf8 and i needed little more voices so bought 40 year premium package additionally.

There are various versions of the 40th Anniversary Pack.
For example, this is from Yamaha Europe…
THE NEW 40TH ANNIVERSARY PREMIUM CONTENTS PACK CONTAINS:
• FL1024M Flash Memory (1 GB)
• NEW: Voucher for John Melas XF Tools Complete Pack
• 4GB USB flash drive containing:
1. 40th Anniversary Content Management Video
2. Chick’s Mark V Video
3. Karma Motif Video
Data Folders:
Data Folder A. – Chick Corea Mark V Library
Data Folder B. – CS80 Library
Data Folder C. – Yamaha Vintage Synthesizer Collection by Sonic Reality
Data Folder D. – Additional Voice Libraries to load into the on board 128 MB RAM
Data Folder E. – XF Additional Videos
Data Folder F. – “Yamaha Ultimate Piano Collection”
Data Folder G. – Twisted Tools Selections–
Data Folder H. – Instant Score Selections

Is that what you have?
Did you install the FL1024M (or FL512M, which came with some of the Packs) flash module?

Heath88 -

I was very happy right before push the button ‘save’ in file menu.

What were you attempting to SAVE?
What Voices, etc., were installed at the time?
-- Was it “Twisted Tools”?

Heath88 -

I don’t know what was happened but when i try to load ‘Yamaha Ultimate piano collection’, nothing is installed. I think some files in USB memory is twisted. I don’t have backup files yet. So if somebody can give me an advise, it must be so helpful.
Thank you.

What is the current state of the XF?
What library or libraries are currently installed, if any?
What is installed on the flash module (FL1), if anything?
-- Press [UTILITY], then [F6](Flash}.
-- What “Total size” and “Free size” are displayed?
-- Are there entries in the Waveform List?

In order to best help you, please answer all the above questions.

You may find this helpful:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/flash_board_session

If you have not already done so, I suggest that you back up the entire contents of the 40th Anniversary Pack flash drive to your computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2017 @ 10:09 AM
Heath88
Joined  10-03-2017

Hi, Mr(ms) 5pinDin.
Thank you for your reply.

1. Yes, I purchased the pack you’re saying. Whole contents is same with yours in Europe, but mine is 512mb in Korea.
And i installed contents into FL512m and formatted for couple of times to listen whole contents. (Actually it was ‘Load’)

2. What were you attempting to SAVE?
-> I was not familliar to XF’s button, and didn’t understand that it shouldn’t be ‘save’.
I might thought that ‘save’ means save contents into flash memory.
Actually everytime i load new contents, former loaded one is gone. well, audio sample exists in ultility menu->flash, but no presets are founded in user section.
therefore i thought that i should ‘SAVE’ into flash memory, ridiculously.
But Save button wasn’t kind of thing. It means save into USB and i couldn’t realized that. (Who can catch ‘SAVE’ like that?!)
So it overwrote the current system into USB memory, i suppose.
I remember that twisted tools was loaded, and i was trying to install ‘Ultimate piano collection’,

3,What is the current state of the XF?
-> Now it’s in normal voice mode. noting special.

4. What library or libraries did you install, if any?
-> Now i’m testing. Checking other contents. Inspire_bnk4ram is loaded now and seems that no problem in that.

5. What is installed on the flash module (FL1), if anything?
-> Total size is 510M and 385M is remained. I can see 39 waveforms in flash memory section. The samples must be from inspire_bnk4ram.

6. Special note.
-> When i try to load Yamaha Ultimate piano Collection, twiseted tools selections are installed.

After i realized this accident i backed up other contents to my PC but piano collection is still missing. Very sad.

Thank you for reading.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2017 @ 12:52 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Heath88 - 03 October 2017 10:09 AM

Hi, Mr(ms) 5pinDin.

It’s “Mr”., and you’re welcome.

Heath88 -

1. Yes, I purchased the pack you’re saying. Whole contents is same with yours in Europe, but mine is 512mb in Korea.
And i installed contents into FL512m and formatted for couple of times to listen whole contents. (Actually it was ‘Load’)

OK.

Heath88 -

-> I was not familliar to XF’s button, and didn’t understand that it shouldn’t be ‘save’.
Actually everytime i load new contents, former loaded one is gone. well, audio sample exists in ultility menu->flash, but no presets are founded in user section.

When you load a new library with Type set to “all”, all User data in the XF will be overwritten with what is in the file. The way to have different banks in the XF have Voices from more than one library is to use Type “1bankvoice” when loading.

See Loading a specific Voice or all the Voices of a specific Bank from an “all” or “all voice” file on pages 243-244 of the XF Reference Manual

Also, perhaps the posts by Bad_Mister in these threads will help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470092/
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/457575/

Of course, the total size of the samples from multiple libraries can’t exceed the flash module capacity.

Heath88 -

But Save button wasn’t kind of thing. It means save into USB and i couldn’t realized that. (Who can catch ‘SAVE’ like that?!)
I remember that twisted tools was loaded, and i was trying to install ‘Ultimate piano collection’,

Yes, if Twisted Tools was loaded, and you highlighted the Piano Collection file and then pressed [SAVE], the original file would have gotten overwritten with what was in the XF.

Heath88 -

-> Now i’m testing. Checking other contents. Inspire_bnk4ram is loaded now and seems that no problem in that.

That’s good.

Heath88 -

-> Total size is 510M and 385M is remained. I can see 39 waveforms in flash memory section. The samples must be from inspire_bnk4ram.

OK.

Heath88 -

6. Special note.
-> When i try to load Yamaha Ultimate piano Collection, twiseted tools selections are installed.

Unfortunately, it does seem you overwrote the Piano Collection file.

Heath88 -

After i realized this accident i backed up other contents to my PC but piano collection is still missing. Very sad.

Thank you for reading.

You might want to contact Yamaha Support in your area, and explain what happened. Perhaps they (or someone else) can provide you with a copy of the original file. Good luck.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2017 @ 02:41 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

By the way, if you can’t get a copy of the Ultimate Piano collection, here are downloads to replace most of it…

CP1 Piano for XF and MOXF:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/60662

S90 ES Piano (S700), Original Motif Power Grand and Jazz Grand, etc.:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/main/comments/xspand_your_world_content_updated_with_new_free_downloads/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2017 @ 11:09 AM
Heath88
Joined  10-03-2017
5pinDIN - 03 October 2017 12:52 PM
Heath88 - 03 October 2017 10:09 AM

Hi, Mr(ms) 5pinDin.

It’s “Mr”., and you’re welcome.

Heath88 -

OK.

Heath88 -

When you load a new library with Type set to “all”, all User data in the XF will be overwritten with what is in the file. The way to have different banks in the XF have Voices from more than one library is to use Type “1bankvoice” when loading.

See Loading a specific Voice or all the Voices of a specific Bank from an “all” or “all voice” file on pages 243-244 of the XF Reference Manual

Also, perhaps the posts by Bad_Mister in these threads will help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470092/
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/457575/

Of course, the total size of the samples from multiple libraries can’t exceed the flash module capacity.

Heath88 -

Yes, if Twisted Tools was loaded, and you highlighted the Piano Collection file and then pressed [SAVE], the original file would have gotten overwritten with what was in the XF.

Heath88 -

That’s good.

Heath88 -

OK.

Heath88 -

6. Special note.

Unfortunately, it does seem you overwrote the Piano Collection file.

Heath88 -

Thank you for reading.

You might want to contact Yamaha Support in your area, and explain what happened. Perhaps they (or someone else) can provide you with a copy of the original file. Good luck.

-------
Hello My friend I’m sorry for late answer.
Yep, I’d love to study more about this fantastic machine with the link you posted to me.
Here, Korea is having kinda thanks giving which is the longest holiday ever, so Local center doesn’t work for now. Furthermore regarding to my previous experience against the Yamaha service center, i’m not sure they’re keeping the file (or they might pretend that not having anymore).

When i realized that the most important preset was gone, i sent a mail that asking help to Yamaha Japan (because of Korean holiday), they’re not giving an answer. But you gave a lot of tips that is very helpful.
I still feel strange and don’t understand when my user preset is gone which took 30 minutes, but i think that i might be closer to XF customizing. (Though it’s rubbing too much time)
Thanks for your understanding and tips.

Best,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2017 @ 11:12 AM
Heath88
Joined  10-03-2017
5pinDIN - 03 October 2017 02:41 PM

By the way, if you can’t get a copy of the Ultimate Piano collection, here are downloads to replace most of it…

CP1 Piano for XF and MOXF:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/60662

S90 ES Piano (S700), Original Motif Power Grand and Jazz Grand, etc.:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/main/comments/xspand_your_world_content_updated_with_new_free_downloads/

--------------

I must say thank you very much for the link you attached.
Although the first link in S90ES is dead, all of them is very very helpful to me.
I appreciate, You save me Bro!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2017 @ 12:19 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Heath88 - 05 October 2017 11:12 AM

I’m glad to help.

Heath88 -

Although the first link in S90ES is dead, all of them is very very helpful to me.

Please see…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479232/
...in which I explained how to get the first bank, which has the S90 ES (S700).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2017 @ 12:59 PM
Heath88
Joined  10-03-2017
5pinDIN - 05 October 2017 12:19 PM
Heath88 - 05 October 2017 11:12 AM

I’m glad to help.

Heath88 -

Please see…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479232/
...in which I explained how to get the first bank, which has the S90 ES (S700).

---
Hi, 5Pindin.
Thank you and i understand what you are indicating.
You’re saying that there isn’t independent s90 voice file but it’s included in XS sample pack, right?
But the link of “Download the first Motif XS Sample pack” is forbidden to me..
Both in Chrome and explorer.
Oh, Other links are still effective. I downloaded all of them thankfully.

Best,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2017 @ 02:30 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You might find this interesting:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479240/

[ Ignore ]