mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bug or useful trick?"

Posted on: September 30, 2017 @ 10:48 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

While working with some XS “All” and “All Voice” files on my XF, I noticed something strange. When selecting Type “1bankvoice”, highlighting the file on the display, and pressing ENTER, the screen offers a selection of banks to load:
USR 1
USR 2
USR 3
USR 4
UDR

While the XF has four USR banks, the XS does not, it has only three. I was curious to see what would happen if USR 4 was selected. I set the destination bank to USR 1, and loaded USR 4 to it. The “loading” was very rapid. The result was that all the USR 1 bank locations were filled with “Initialized Voice”. (No loss, since I have everything important backed up.)

While I consider this a bug - the XF OS should recognize XS “All"/X0A and “All Voice"/X0V files as having content for only three User banks - it could come in handy if you want to completely initialize a User Voice bank on an XF. This can apparently be done using any XS “All” or “All Voice” file.

The usual precaution should be taken if anyone decides to try this - save a backup file beforehand.

[ Ignore ]