mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Intro strings on Moby’s “Extreme Ways” MX61"

Posted on: September 25, 2017 @ 08:59 PM
drerwc
Total Posts:  21
Joined  11-01-2016

Is it possible to tweak one of the strings voices to get that intro at the end of the Bourne movies?  My band wants to do it but without that intro being dang near perfect, it will fall flat. I can do it pretty good by using the pitch bend wheel but that ties up my left hand for playing the keyboard parts. Is there an insertion FX that can accomplish this?  Thanks in advance guys!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2017 @ 11:03 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Just taking a break so I checked out the song. Cool tune. I don’t have an MX but I dialed it up on an XF with Portamento using a solo violin. Turn on the Port switch, set the Time to 54 and the Mode to fingered. Saturate it with some Reverb and you’ll be close. I played it from a depressed D quickly resolving on a B in the appropriate range. Release the D after striking the B or set the Mono/Poly mode to Mono. I don’t think an Insert would help you out much here. Alternatively you could program the PEG to perform this but I’m not sure how deep the editing capabilities are unless you’re using an editor.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2017 @ 10:33 PM
drerwc
Joined  11-01-2016
stoneb3 - 25 September 2017 11:03 PM

Just taking a break so I checked out the song. Cool tune. I don’t have an MX but I dialed it up on an XF with Portamento using a solo violin. Turn on the Port switch, set the Time to 54 and the Mode to fingered. Saturate it with some Reverb and you’ll be close. I played it from a depressed D quickly resolving on a B in the appropriate range. Release the D after striking the B or set the Mono/Poly mode to Mono. I don’t think an Insert would help you out much here. Alternatively you could program the PEG to perform this but I’m not sure how deep the editing capabilities are unless you’re using an editor.

Stone

Thanks!  Sounds good except when I go back to the d, it slides back down. I’d like for it to only slide up to the b. I tried it in poly and mono and same results.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2017 @ 01:09 AM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
drerwc - 26 September 2017 10:33 PM

Thanks!  Sounds good except when I go back to the d, it slides back down.

Sorry I should have mentioned to release the B before re-triggering the passage.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2017 @ 01:44 AM
drerwc
Joined  11-01-2016
stoneb3 - 27 September 2017 01:09 AM
drerwc - 26 September 2017 10:33 PM

Thanks!  Sounds good except when I go back to the d, it slides back down.

Sorry I should have mentioned to release the B before re-triggering the passage.

That doesn’t seem to change it. I release the B even long enough for the sound to totally die, and I still get a slide down to the D. I’ll play around with it some more when I get home. Maybe tweak the release some.
Thanks again for your help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2017 @ 09:07 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011
drerwc - 27 September 2017 01:44 AM

That doesn’t seem to change it. I release the B even long enough for the sound to totally die, and I still get a slide down to the D. I’ll play around with it some more when I get home. Maybe tweak the release some.

You’re welcome. Please verify that you have set the Portamento Mode to Fingered. What you’ve described is the result of the Mode being set to Fulltime.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2017 @ 01:26 AM
drerwc
Joined  11-01-2016
stoneb3 - 27 September 2017 09:07 PM
drerwc - 27 September 2017 01:44 AM

You’re welcome. Please verify that you have set the Portamento Mode to Fingered. What you’ve described is the result of the Mode being set to Fulltime.

Stone

That was it!  Thank you very much!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2017 @ 07:39 PM
stoneb3
Joined  06-05-2011

Cool! Glad it worked out for you, I like the song as it’s got a cool vibe. Appreciate the reply.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ reading the manual but having trouble
Next Topic:

Modulation Wheel stopped working ››