mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to get the current performance number?"

Posted on: September 15, 2017 @ 04:30 AM
Vetalexy
Total Posts:  32
Joined  07-20-2015

Hello!
Is there a sysex or midi command to determine the current (selected) performance number?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2017 @ 04:21 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

When a Performance (or Voice) is selected from the front panel, the Bank MSB/LSB and Program number are sent from MIDI. That also happens if the Performance/Voice is selected via MIDI. The Program number is, of course, displayed on the LCD.

As far as I know, there’s no way to read the Performance/Voice number via MIDI after it has been selected. All of the Performance/Voice Parameters are contained in the Edit Buffer, and a Bulk Dump of the Buffer will retrieve that data, but it doesn’t include the originating location.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2017 @ 05:22 AM
Vetalexy
Joined  07-20-2015

Thank you!
This is a very annoying shortcoming of Yamaha. I really hoped for Bulk dump!

And what does the initialization command bulk dump look like? In the data list found DUMP REQUEST (F0 43 2n 7F 1C 00 aH aM aL F7). What do the parameters Address High (aH), Address Mid (aM), Address Low (aL)? What are the values in them to substitute, if it is a global query?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2017 @ 08:43 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Vetalexy - 18 September 2017 05:22 AM

Thank you!

You’re welcome.

Vetalexy -

This is a very annoying shortcoming of Yamaha. I really hoped for Bulk dump!

The Bulk Dump contents are typically used to restore data to the Edit Buffer, either as originally dumped or after having been externally edited. From there, a Voice or Performance could be played, or it could be stored to a User location if desired. That seems to meet the usual application for such data, and doesn’t require knowing the original location.

If you would explain what your intent is, perhaps there’s a way to accomplish it that isn’t immediately obvious.

Vetalexy -

And what does the initialization command bulk dump look like? In the data list found DUMP REQUEST (F0 43 2n 7F 1C 00 aH aM aL F7). What do the parameters Address High (aH), Address Mid (aM), Address Low (aL)? What are the values in them to substitute, if it is a global query?

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479046/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2017 @ 08:55 AM
Vetalexy
Joined  07-20-2015

I’m developing a Lemur template that will be linked to the Ableton Liva project. For recording on the fly in audio sound from Yamaha in performance mode. The idea was for the program to memorize the performance parameters for each individual Live’s track. Performances are selected by the performer as they play, recording the sound on different tracks of Live. To do this, I need to get the number of the active performance (or a complete list of parameters) for saving as a property of the Ableton Live track. Then you can return to the performance assigned to each track.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2017 @ 09:18 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Vetalexy - 18 September 2017 08:55 AM

I’m developing a Lemur template that will be linked to the Ableton Liva project. For recording on the fly in audio sound from Yamaha in performance mode. The idea was for the program to memorize the performance parameters for each individual Live’s track. Performances are selected by the performer as they play, recording the sound on different tracks of Live. To do this, I need to get the number of the active performance (or a complete list of parameters) for saving as a property of the Ableton Live track. Then you can return to the performance assigned to each track.

I have only a vague familiarity with Ableton Live. However, if I understand this…
Performances are selected by the performer as they play, recording the sound on different tracks of Live.”
...then the first paragraph of my first post in this thread should provide what you’re asking for.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Changing VST Instruments in Cubase from the MOXF
Next Topic:

Recordings Arp to cubase AI? ››