mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "User Banks in pattern mode?"

Posted on: September 05, 2017 @ 07:44 AM
ocelot1
Total Posts:  22
Joined  02-09-2015

Hi,

I would like to know how to use the user banks in pattern mode?
I use my motif always with a daw and I use the pattern mode so I can use 16 (midi)Tracks at the same time and record everything at the end.

Ive loaded some 3rd party songs into the user banks but in pattern mode I cant access the user banks Im only able to use the category search but thats not what i want.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2017 @ 08:38 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It’s unclear (to me) what you have done, and what you are trying to do.

The “User banks”, USER 1 ~ USER 4, are where Voices and Performances are stored in their respective modes. Masters are stored in USER 1.

Songs can’t be loaded into the User banks. An SMF (Standard MIDI File, .MID file extension) can be loaded into one of the 64 locations in Song Mode. Depending on exactly what it is you want to do, the Split Song to Pattern Job in Song Mode might be useful. See page 165 of the XF Reference Manual.

If the above doesn’t help, please be more specific about what/where you’re loading, and what you’re attempting to access when in Pattern Mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2017 @ 08:59 AM
ocelot1
Joined  02-09-2015
5pinDIN - 05 September 2017 08:38 AM

It’s unclear (to me) what you have done, and what you are trying to do.

The “User banks”, USER 1 ~ USER 4, are where Voices and Performances are stored in their respective modes. Masters are stored in USER 1.

Songs can’t be loaded into the User banks. An SMF (Standard MIDI File, .MID file extension) can be loaded into one of the 64 locations in Song Mode. Depending on exactly what it is you want to do, the Split Song to Pattern Job in Song Mode might be useful. See page 165 of the XF Reference Manual.

If the above doesn’t help, please be more specific about what/where you’re loading, and what you’re attempting to access when in Pattern Mode.

Hi,

Ive loaded some content from the 40th premium pack usb on the flash.
I have setup ableton with 16 midi channels for the motif, channel 1-16 so I can use 16 Sounds from motif simultaneously and I dont have to record every new sound in order to be able to load a new sound like other synths e.g. nord lead etc.

I would like to load the voices ive loaded on the flash but in pattern mode when I press the user bank buttons it is controlling the sequencer.
In pattern mode Im not able to access the user banks in order to load sounds from the flash I have to use the category search but the voices are not seperated into user and motif presets they are mixed because they are sorted in categories but i would like to access the user banks
how is that possible?

is that more clear?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2017 @ 10:15 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
ocelot1 - 05 September 2017 08:59 AM

[...]I would like to load the voices ive loaded on the flash

Just to help clarify things…
Voices aren’t loaded to flash, only Waveforms/Samples are. Voices are stored in the User Voice banks.

ocelot1 -

but in pattern mode when I press the user bank buttons it is controlling the sequencer.

Yes, when the [TRACK], [SOLO], or [MUTE] buttons are lit, the [USER 1] through [USER DR] buttons select Sections I-P of the Pattern, as marked on the XF’s front panel.

ocelot1 -

In pattern mode Im not able to access the user banks in order to load sounds from the flash I have to use the category search but the voices are not seperated into user and motif presets they are mixed because they are sorted in categories but i would like to access the user banks
how is that possible?

It’s possible to select a Voice (which may have associated Waveforms in flash) from a Bank. Here’s how, starting from Pattern Play Mode…

1) Press the [MIXING] button.
2) Press a number button, [1]~[16], to select the Part whose Voice you want to change.
3) Press the [PROGRAM] button.
4) Press a Bank button, then the Group (A-H) and Number (1-16) of the Voice you want.
5) Press the [EXIT] button.
6) Press [STORE] to keep wanted changes.

The above procedure also works from Song Play Mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2017 @ 10:38 AM
ocelot1
Joined  02-09-2015
5pinDIN - 05 September 2017 10:15 AM
ocelot1 - 05 September 2017 08:59 AM

[...]I would like to load the voices ive loaded on the flash

Just to help clarify things…
Voices aren’t loaded to flash, only Waveforms/Samples are. Voices are stored in the User Voice banks.

ocelot1 -

but in pattern mode when I press the user bank buttons it is controlling the sequencer.

Yes, when the [TRACK], [SOLO], or [MUTE] buttons are lit, the [USER 1] through [USER DR] buttons select Sections I-P of the Pattern, as marked on the XF’s front panel.

ocelot1 -

how is that possible?

It’s possible to select a Voice (which may have associated Waveforms in flash) from a Bank. Here’s how, starting from Pattern Play Mode…

1) Press the [MIXING] button.
2) Press a number button, [1]~[16], to select the Part whose Voice you want to change.
3) Press the [PROGRAM] button.
4) Press a Bank button, then the Group (A-H) and Number (1-16) of the Voice you want.
5) Press the [EXIT] button.
6) Press [STORE] to keep wanted changes.

The above procedure also works from Song Play Mode.

Great thats what i was looking for!!!!
Thanks a lot!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2017 @ 07:24 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
ocelot1 - 05 September 2017 10:38 AM

Great thats what i was looking for!!!!
Thanks a lot!

You’re quite welcome - I’m glad that did the trick for you.

[ Ignore ]