mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF6 possessed by the devil… Keys went mad"

Posted on: August 31, 2017 @ 05:07 PM
MarielGimeno
Total Posts:  5
Joined  08-31-2017

Greetings every one, nice to meet you all. I’m new at this forum. Found it while I was searching on the web for any possible solution to my problem. Hopefully you could help me:

In 2014, I brought a Motif XF6. It worked perfectly until yesterday when I tried to play it. The keys lost sensibility, that is, some of them sound super loud,some others super low, while some others work perfectly, but not always at the same order.

When I press certain keys, it sounds like two notes at the same time, and sometimes the key changes or switches places with the one beside it.

Most fun thing is, I left it alone to look on the web for solutions and suddenly it started to play out of nowhere, as if someone were hitting the keys madly, just like a horror movie. Creepy as hell. Had the scare of my life xD

I already tried fabric reset and it didn’t work. Anyone has had this issue?

Thanx for your attention.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 31, 2017 @ 10:31 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

If you disconnect all cables going to your XF6, other than power and headphones or speakers, does the problem occur?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2017 @ 01:46 PM
apico
Total Posts:  77
Joined  06-14-2011

I’ve had a similar experience with one of my synths.
The problem was that some contamination had fallen down between the keys at an outdoor gig and was lodged between the key and the sensor beneath it. This was causing problems with striking velocity. The notes with the contamination underneath were sounding like they were being struck harder.
There may be a chance that this could be the cause.

Just another possibility.

Plus , I think there are settings in the XF that help you determine how the keys “behave”. You may want to dive into those.

[ Ignore ]