mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading Libraries with samples problems."

Posted on: August 21, 2017 @ 10:30 PM
BartCarfizzi
Total Posts:  29
Joined  07-30-2012

I’m totally frustrated… I have Chicks Mark V DCP3.
I have 2 flash cards
From the USB stick, i do File-> All
Destination USR - > FL1
Highlighting Chicks Mark V
Press Load
It installs to FL1
and the Patch(sound) names are inserted correctly,
However, the patch does not work… some sound strange(certainly not a Mark V) and some are completely silent…

Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong? i’ve read the instructions for this and various other libraries with samples. I get the same results…

thanks
Bart

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2017 @ 11:36 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
BartCarfizzi - 21 August 2017 10:30 PM

I’m totally frustrated… I have Chicks Mark V DCP3.
I have 2 flash cards
From the USB stick, i do File-> All
Destination USR - > FL1
Highlighting Chicks Mark V
Press Load
It installs to FL1
and the Patch(sound) names are inserted correctly,
However, the patch does not work… some sound strange(certainly not a Mark V) and some are completely silent…

Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong? i’ve read the instructions for this and various other libraries with samples. I get the same results…

thanks
Bart

Your frustration matches mine during attempts to get straight answers from Dave Polich about the incorrect loading instructions in the PDF for Chick’s Mark V DCP3. (See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/462012/ if interested.)

Anyway, you might have a file named “Chick’s MarkV DCPv3.n2.X3A” or “CHICK’S MARK V.n2.X3A”. Those files have about 400 MB of samples, and obviously they wouldn’t have fit in the 128 MB User (USR) memory. They do fit in FL1, which is apparently where the samples were located when the file was created.

The default load options…
USR > USR
FL1 > FL1
FL2 > FL2
...will work, and load the Chick’s samples to FL1.

If you’d prefer loading to FL2, change to this…
USR > USR
FL1 > FL2
FL2 > FL2

[ Ignore ]