mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Oberheim OB-x sound?"

Posted on: August 19, 2017 @ 07:28 AM
Argalad
Total Posts:  11
Joined  08-19-2017

Hi everyone!

I am a new owner of a MOXF6 synth and I am very happy with it!

As a Van Halen fan, I’ve been trying to achieve the sound of the song “I’ll Wait”, in which Eddie uses a Oberheim OB-X synth, but I am struggling getting it.

Does anyone know how to emulate it?
Of course I am not asking the exact sound, if it is similar, it would be more than enough to me :)

Thank you everyone!

Alberto.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2017 @ 01:33 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Welcome to the Forum!

You’ll find that VOICE...and much more,in This Library...no Flash Board required.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2017 @ 02:14 PM
Argalad
Joined  08-19-2017
cmayhle - 19 August 2017 01:33 PM

Welcome to the Forum!

You’ll find that VOICE...and much more,in This Library...no Flash Board required.

Thank you very much!

Are you sure this is valid to the MOXF? Because in the specs I only see MOX…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2017 @ 02:59 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
TTpon - 19 August 2017 02:14 PM

...Are you sure this is valid to the MOXF? Because in the specs I only see MOX…

If you look on page 157 of your MOXF Reference Manual, you will see there is complete ALL file compatibility between the MOX and and the MOXF.

When you purchase a 3rd party library formatted for the MOX, such as that referenced, you will be provided with an ALL file in MOX format, which you can directly LOAD into your MOXF.

Before you do this however, be aware that LOADING an ALL file in its entirety will overwrite all of the USER data in your machine...including any custom VOICES, PERFORMANCES, etc.

It is often MUCH more appropriate to LOAD only the VOICES you wish...either singly or as a BANK...instead of LOADING the ALL file as the instructions will direct.

Once you obtain a new library, come back here if you have questions about the best way to LOAD the stuff you want, without overwriting the stuff you want to keep.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2017 @ 10:56 AM
Argalad
Joined  08-19-2017
cmayhle - 19 August 2017 02:59 PM

Once you obtain a new library, come back here if you have questions about the best way to LOAD the stuff you want, without overwriting the stuff you want to keep.

I’ve got a question about loading performances.
For example, the 1984 performance from Van Halen. When I load it, the sound I get is nowhere near as close as it should be, but, if I load the single voices that compone the performance, the sound is great.
Why does this occur?

PD: when I load the performance I obtain a message like this: “This performance uses voices from User Voices” I don’t know if this has something to do with my problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2017 @ 01:16 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011

We are not sure exactly how you LOADED the Library.

If you LOADED only specific VOICES from the Library (as opposed to the ALL file in its entirety), you may have issues with PERFORMANCES not finding the correct VOICES in the slots programmed.

How did you LOAD the Library into your MOXF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2017 @ 02:33 PM
Argalad
Joined  08-19-2017
cmayhle - 25 August 2017 01:16 PM

We are not sure exactly how you LOADED the Library.

If you LOADED only specific VOICES from the Library (as opposed to the ALL file in its entirety), you may have issues with PERFORMANCES not finding the correct VOICES in the slots programmed.

How did you LOAD the Library into your MOXF?

I only uploaded specific voices, but between them, there was the voices the performance of 1984 uses.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2017 @ 02:45 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011

OK, got it.  You LOADED the specific VOICES the PERFORMANCE uses.

However, they also need to have been LOADED into the same specific VOICE slots that the PERFORMANCE is pointed towards, in order for the PERFORMANCE to utilize the correct VOICES.

So, either be sure that is the case, or alternatively edit the PARTS of the PERFORMANCE, so that it looks for the VOICES in the correct locations (as you have LOADED them).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2017 @ 03:15 PM
Argalad
Joined  08-19-2017
cmayhle - 25 August 2017 02:45 PM

they also need to have been LOADED into the same specific VOICE slots that the PERFORMANCE is pointed towards, in order for the PERFORMANCE to utilize the correct VOICES.

Oh, now I understand it. Thank you very much!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Factory recall
Next Topic:

Glossary of abbreviations? ››