mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX6 + Pro Tools First : Recording Audio"

Posted on: July 29, 2017 @ 04:36 PM
rdbates
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-07-2012

Hello all.  Perhaps you can help me solve this problem.

I have a laptop with Pro Tools First installed and connected to my MOX6 via USB.  The MOX6 has the newest firmware installed, and newest/latest Windows drivers.  These SEEM to be working.

In ProTools I can create a MIDI track and record the MOX6’s MIDI events like it should.  But when I create an audio track, nothing gets recorded.

The strip that pops-up for the audio track shows no input when I play the MOX6, as if no audio is making it to Pro Tools.

Could you aim me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for whatever advice you have.

Rich

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2017 @ 05:32 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Rich,

Welcome to Motifator

rdbates - 29 July 2017 04:36 PM

In ProTools I can create a MIDI track and record the MOX6’s MIDI events like it should.  But when I create an audio track, nothing gets recorded.

The strip that pops-up for the audio track shows no input when I play the MOX6, as if no audio is making it to Pro Tools.

The MOX Voice audio defaults out of USB outputs 3 and 4 and it is very likely that your audio track’s input (in I/O on the channel strip) is set to MOX USB 1 and 2 instead.

The A/D inputs default to USB outputs 1 and 2. (any microphones or guitars you might decide to plug in)

Beyond that, you might need to look at the Hardware and/or Playback settings under the set up menu and choose your MOX6 as the ‘in use’ interface for Pro Tools.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2017 @ 06:30 PM
rdbates
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-07-2012

That worked - thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2017 @ 06:42 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Beautiful!