mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Configuration Problems with MOXF VST in Cubase"

Posted on: July 29, 2017 @ 02:56 PM
MarkJohnson
Total Posts:  75
Joined  09-03-2013

I’m having some configuration issues with the MOXF VST in Cubase.  When I set up a new Cubase project with the MOXF VST on startup (selecting the “Yamaha MOXF6_MOXF8 with VST editor (2StereoRec Mode) startup option”, it will record MIDI; however, it will not play back.  The output routing in the track inspector shows that it’s set to “01. MOXF6/MOXF8 VST - Midi In.” Other options include “Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8 Port1.”

When I change the setting to this option, it will play back; however, I then can’t open the VST Editor (only with the “...Midi In” option, which doesn’t make sense. When I return it to the initial setting, open the VST Editor and view the settings, it shows that MIDI Out Port 1 is not configured.

When I manually insert another MOXF VST instrument track, it too will record but won’t play back MIDI.  The output routing options that track’s inspector show a list of all my VSTs.  I believe this is what the output options normally are.

When I open previously established projects, they to provide the same limited output options that need to be changed to a “…Port1” setting.

Also, all my other VST tracks as well as all audio tracks record and playback fine.  The MOXF VST Editor works fine in standalone mode.  The problem seems to be isolated with the MOXF Editor when access through Cubase.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the MOXF editor several times without any change.

I believe this all started after installing software for a Novation SL MKII, albeit, I’m not at all sure how that would have changed the output routing options for just the MOXF VST.

Short of completely reinstalling Cubase, all my VSTs and other supporting software and possibly ending up with this same problem, can anyone provide some guidance on how I could resolve this problem with the MOXF VST in Cubase?

Image Attachments
New Inspector Output Options.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2017 @ 04:34 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

In order to be as helpful as possible, it’s important for us to know what model, computer platform, operating system, etc., you’re using. Your member profile…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/members/478998/
...seems to not be up to date. It indicates you use a MOX, Pro Tools, and Windows 7. Your recent posts appear to conflict with those. (MOXF, Cubase/version, did you get a MacBook?) Please update your profile, and then suggestions can be more targeted.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2017 @ 05:56 PM
MarkJohnson
Joined  09-03-2013

Oops, I completely forgot I had even provided that info here years ago.  Sorry about that.  I have a MOXF8, MacBook Pro, OS version 10.12.6, Cubase Elements 8.0.4.  Updates made.  Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2017 @ 06:48 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
MarkJohnson - 29 July 2017 05:56 PM

Oops, I completely forgot I had even provided that info here years ago.  Sorry about that.  I have a MOXF8, MacBook Pro, OS version 10.12.6, Cubase Elements 8.0.4.  Updates made.  Thanks

Thanks for updating that information.

There may be a compatibility issue.

This version of the MOXF Editor supports Cubase 8.0.10 or later, but apparently only up to macOS 10.11 (El Capitan):
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/moxf6_moxf8_editor_standalone_vst_v166_mac.html

Version 1.6.7 of the Editor supports macOS 10.12 (Sierra), but Cubase 7 and 8 are noncompliant…
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/moxf6_moxf8_editor_standalone_vst_mac_en.html
...and the link to the Editor file doesn’t work.

However, if the Editor you’re using seems to otherwise work…
This support article might help with port setup:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moxf6_moxf8_basic_audio_recording

The MOXF Extensions can set up ports automatically…
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/moxf6_moxf8_remote_tools_v102_mac.html
...but indicates 10.11 as most recent supported OS.

If none of the above helps…
I suggest contacting Steinberg, provide the computer, OS, Cubase version, and anything else that might be relevant, and ask them which versions will work with what you’re using.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2017 @ 08:10 PM
MarkJohnson
Joined  09-03-2013

Thanks 5pinDIN!  I’ll take a look at these items.  Everything was working fine, or at least without the issues I’ve noted, through May.  Looking forward to following up with Steinberg, needed.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Play along to a pattern?
Next Topic:

Playing a Performance with a Pattern? ››