mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording two Motifs sequencer on Cubase AI6"

Posted on: July 07, 2017 @ 08:01 PM
Lepianist
Total Posts:  14
Joined  08-17-2008

Is it possible to record (MIDI Only) on Cubase AI6, simultaneously two Motifs (XF and XS) each playing in Pattern Mode 4 tracks and synchronized with one another; that is Cubase AI would be the Master and the Motifs the slaves and from Cubase I could start, stop, rewind, record, FFW, mute etc. any or all tracks of either Motif’s sequencer.
If anyone knows how to do it please let me know I would greatly appreciate it as I don’t.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 07, 2017 @ 11:29 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Lepianist,

I’m unable to come up with an answer of any value, but nevertheless I would like to know why you want to do this.

Anything in Pattern Mode can be chained together, moved to Song Mode and then exported as a Standard MIDI File to a USB thumb drive.

You can then import the Standard MIDI File on the thumb drive to Cubase.

That’s how I would handle it for each Motif, but I have a feeling that you are very set on doing what you’re asking about, because your emphasis is very much about controlling the Motifs as well as recording them, and that makes me think of some kind of live situation.

As much background info as possible could spark a better reply than mine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2017 @ 09:54 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The short answer to your original question is yes, it is possible, assuming the two Motifs are not using the same MIDI channels for their tracks or are connected to the computer over different MIDI ports.

Phil’s post is dead on...why do you want to do this? If you can’t figure it out yourself (and it’s not complicated to do) transferring MIDI files or even exporting songs into Cubase will achieve the desired result much more easily.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 09, 2017 @ 04:34 PM
Lepianist
Total Posts:  14
Joined  08-17-2008

Phil and meatballfulton thank you so much for your feedback.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Ruinous XF6 OS update?
Next Topic:

New hardware instrument I/O chaos ››