mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sequence Control Data help please"

Posted on: July 01, 2017 @ 11:18 AM
BartCarfizzi
Total Posts:  29
Joined  07-30-2012

I purchased an intricate midi file.  Can someone point me to where i can stop the sequence changing sounds…

the sequence begins.. and measure 2, all the sounds change… If i just delete the first measure, then it doesnt keep ANY Change data..

probably something stupid.. but i cant figure it out…

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2017 @ 12:56 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Without knowing specifics about the file…

If it’s a GM (General MIDI) sequence, then it might contain a GM Reset command. That might or might not be what you want. Here’s some information on the topic:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/a_short_tutorial_creating_proper_gm_files

Bank Select and Program Change messages can be placed anywhere in a MIDI sequence. You can find them in the Event List, using the View Filter to limit data to the specific commands. Once found, you can decide which to keep or delete.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/451826/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2017 @ 03:35 PM
BartCarfizzi
Total Posts:  29
Joined  07-30-2012

okay… i did finally get it to change sounds using that method.. BUT, prior to me setting them, it does do a full reset..And thats fine.. but i just do not see the change anywhere… i can see where it resets tempo.. but not program changes....

Can you help me to understand this..?

THank you so much for your knowledge

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 01, 2017 @ 04:53 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
BartCarfizzi - 01 July 2017 03:35 PM

okay… i did finally get it to change sounds using that method.. BUT, prior to me setting them, it does do a full reset..And thats fine.. but i just do not see the change anywhere… i can see where it resets tempo.. but not program changes....

Can you help me to understand this..?

Unfortunately, I don’t know exactly what you’re dealing with. Is the sequence you got in Motif format, or is it a General MIDI (GM) .MID file? If GM, does it have a GM Reset Command at the beginning? If so, does that select Voices for the Parts as you want them? If not, find the GM Reset (it’s a SysEx message, typically in the first measure of track 1), delete it, then assign Bank Select and Program Changes as you want.

BartCarfizzi -

THank you so much for your knowledge

You’re welcome - I’m happy to help, but if the above doesn’t do the trick, I might need to see the file. It seems to be a commercial product, since you said that you purchased it, so please don’t post it here. If necessary, PM me to discuss further.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Pattern chain playing in master mode
Next Topic:

Motif ES Sounds for XF ››