mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using Mixing Voices in Performances in Song Mode - Possible?"

Posted on: June 20, 2017 @ 11:28 PM
synthmax
Total Posts:  56
Joined  05-13-2012

I would like to use Mixing Voices in Performances in Song Mode. Is that possible? Doesn’t look like it. Am I going to have to save those mixing voices in USR Voice Memory first, then call them up in a Performance to set up keyboard splits and then copy them into the Song Mix using the Copy Performance Job command?

Much obliged for your help and advice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2017 @ 01:06 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If a Performance is copied to a Song Mix, it’s no longer a Performance. Rather, it becomes (up to) four Parts of the Mix. Parts can use Mixing Voices, and can have Note Limits set for splits or layers.

Mixing Voices are local to a particular Song or Pattern. If you want to copy a Mixing Voice from one Song or Pattern to another, that’s when it could first be stored as a User Voice. However, a Mixing Voice Job can be used to directly copy a Mixing Voice to another Song or Pattern - see pages 199-200 of the XF Reference Manual, and [F3] Copy in particular.

See also http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_the_mix_voice

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2017 @ 08:50 PM
synthmax
Joined  05-13-2012

Hi there 5pinDin,

Thanks for your reply.

I think may have confused you. Maybe I didn’t frame my question right. My question is: Is it not possible to call up and use a mixing voice in a performance? I just want to confirm that. If it isn’t the case, then my only option is to copy the mixing voice to a USR patch, correct?

Regards,
Grant

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 21, 2017 @ 09:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
synthmax - 21 June 2017 08:50 PM

Hi there 5pinDin,

Thanks for your reply.

You’re welcome.

synthmax -

My question is: Is it not possible to call up and use a mixing voice in a performance? I just want to confirm that. If it isn’t the case, then my only option is to copy the mixing voice to a USR patch, correct?

Mixing Voices exist only in Song or Pattern modes. So yes, if you want to use a Mix Voice in a Performance, it will first have to be stored as a User Voice.

You initially mentioned Song mode, and copying the Performance into a Song Mix. Depending on what it is you want to do, you might be going through unnecessary steps. If you can explain your goals, perhaps it would be possible to come up with a simpler procedure.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2017 @ 08:41 PM
synthmax
Joined  05-13-2012

Hi there 5pinDIN,

That’s answered my question.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Grant

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic: