mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sequencer Memory Full"

Posted on: June 09, 2017 @ 08:58 PM
f_k_s18@hotmail.com
Total Posts:  38
Joined  03-15-2004

I always get the error called sequencer memory full when trying to save a new pattern. I have the 512MB FLASH board installed. I only have about 15 songs stored on my keyboard. Can anyone tell me why I get the error? And how I can correct it? Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2017 @ 09:43 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
f_k_s18@hotmail.com - 09 June 2017 08:58 PM

I always get the error called sequencer memory full when trying to save a new pattern. I have the 512MB FLASH board installed.

Sequences aren’t stored in the flash module. The sequencer memory can’t be expanded beyond the amount the XF comes with.

f_k_s18@hotmail.com -

I only have about 15 songs stored on my keyboard. Can anyone tell me why I get the error? And how I can correct it? Thanks.

I wrote the following in a previous thread…
==========
The sequencer memory is limited to a certain number of MIDI events, not the number of Songs/Patterns, or even the total number of notes.

If your Songs are long enough, the number that can be recorded without exceeding the sequencer memory limit might be just a few. In addition, you might be recording a lot of control data (Pitch Bend, Aftertouch, Sustain. etc.), which can eat up sequencer memory in a hurry. Have you checked the Event List to see exactly what it is that you’re recording?
===========

Have you cleared/deleted any unwanted factory demo Songs or Patterns?

Are you using any third-party software, such as the John Melas “Total Librarian”?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 10, 2017 @ 01:03 PM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Total Posts:  253
Joined  02-13-2012

I use the pattern and song sequencers frequently and depending on the length of the patterns/songs (aka the total midi events), having a full sequencer after 15 songs is not uncommon :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2017 @ 08:02 AM
f_k_s18@hotmail.com
Total Posts:  38
Joined  03-15-2004

Thanks for your responses guys. I think I may have recorded too many pitch bend and after touch data because the songs are very short.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sample voice from other module to Motif XF?
Next Topic:

Attn: Anniversary White XF owners ››