mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mac crashing—Connect MOX or MX but not Motif"

Posted on: June 08, 2017 @ 12:37 PM
benj00
Total Posts:  113
Joined  06-03-2011

Hi guys,

My mid-2012 non retina Mac is crashing when I plug in my MOX or MX via USB. However my Motif is plugged in and is fine. I’m currently using the John Melas editors and can see all the Motif info. I’ve tried different USB Ports, the USB ports on my Thunderbolt Hub, and swapped cables.

Here is a portion of the crash report:

*** Panic Report ***
panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff802ff35bcb): “Element 0xffffff804ffdde00 from zone kalloc.512 caught being freed to wrong zone kalloc.160\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3789.60.24/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:2656

Thanks!
Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2017 @ 01:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

This appears to be a Mac-related (OSX) problem, and I’m not a “Mac guy”, but here are some questions even Mac guys might ask…

Have you in any way changed the Mac OS version since the last time the MOX or MX did not cause a problem?

Which Mac OS are you currently running?

Do you have the correct MOX/MX USB driver(s) for that Mac OS installed?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2017 @ 01:39 PM
benj00
Joined  06-03-2011

Hi 5Pin,

I think I’ve updated the OSX to Sierra since connecting these two keyboards, but the Motif XF is working fine, and the MOXF worked fine last week when I connected it. (I’ll verify that shortly)

Maybe this is only related to the MOX and MX?

I was under the impression that there was just one yamaha driver for all these keyboards. Motif, MOXF, MOX, MX etc

Should I reinstall individual drivers from the yamaha site?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2017 @ 01:52 PM
benj00
Joined  06-03-2011

OK,

Coordinated with Bad Mister at Yamahasynth.com and worked it out. Just needed to reinstall the driver…

There are actually two different drivers for MOX/MX and Motif XF so there you go.

Thanks for your help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2017 @ 02:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
benj00 - 08 June 2017 01:52 PM

OK,

Coordinated with Bad Mister at Yamahasynth.com and worked it out. Just needed to reinstall the driver…

As I suspected, a driver issue.  :-)

benj00 -

There are actually two different drivers for MOX/MX and Motif XF so there you go.

Yes, since the Motif XF does only MIDI via USB, while the MOX/MX (and MOXF) driver does MIDI and audio over USB.

benj00 -

Thanks for your help!

You’re welcome - I’m glad you got the problem resolved.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Availability of Yamaha FC7
Next Topic:

Time Signature for new song ››