mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to control volume of a single voice in performance mode?"

Posted on: May 19, 2017 @ 05:17 PM
WaddyP
Total Posts:  65
Joined  08-19-2009

I have some perfomances setup for left hand bass, piano, and organ. I would like to setup the foot pedal to Only control voice 4 (organ). I am thinking I could assign foot controller 2 for voice 4 (organ).  I have gone through the manual and can’t figure this one out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2017 @ 05:45 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’ll need to edit each of the four Parts in the Performance.
See Receive Switch on page 158 of the XS Owner’s Manual.
Turn on (check mark) Foot Controller 2 for Part 4, off (no check mark) for the other three Parts.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2017 @ 08:03 PM
WaddyP
Joined  08-19-2009

Thanks 5 pin. But how do I then assign volume or expression to it only?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 19, 2017 @ 08:48 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
WaddyP - 19 May 2017 08:03 PM

Thanks 5 pin. But how do I then assign volume or expression to it only?

If you are asking how to set up FC2 for a specific parameter control, that is done at the VOICE level prior to bringing the VOICE into the PERFORMANCE.

See page 104 of the Motif XS Reference Manual.  You must define Controller Sets (Source and Destination) in VOICE Edit, for the parameters as you desire.

Additional info:

In your example, at the organ VOICE level you will set the Destination (Expression) to respond to the Source (FC2), and STORE the result as a USER VOICE.

Bring your new VOICE into PERFORMANCE PART 4, and Edit as instructed previously by 5pinDIN:  Activate FC2 for PART 4, and deactivate FC2 for the other PARTS.  STORE your PERFORMANCE.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2017 @ 04:14 PM
WaddyP
Joined  08-19-2009

When I do that it gives me a -63 to +63 range and it changes the volume in a weird way, just a little up and down in the middle of the through of the pedal. I have tried different values in there to no avail.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2017 @ 06:19 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If you want the Foot Controller to be able to reduce the volume to 0 (zero) at heel down, you have to edit the Voice so that its Volume is zero (see (1) Volume on page 98 of the XS Owner’s Manual). Then set the Foot Controller Depth to a positive number that provides the maximum volume you want at toe down.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2017 @ 06:20 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
WaddyP - 20 May 2017 04:14 PM

When I do that it gives me a -63 to +63 range and it changes the volume in a weird way, just a little up and down in the middle of the through of the pedal. I have tried different values in there to no avail.

It will be useful to you to study This Article, particularly (for your purposes) the section titled BIASING a parameter to a CONTROLLER.

Go through this section, and you will find setting the depth to +63 will give you the maximum control, but does not actually affect the Output level.

From the referenced document:

...Navigate to the Common OUTPUT page:
· Press [F1] GENERAL
· Press [SF2] PLAY MODE.

Here you will see a parameter for the total OUTPUT LEVEL of the Voice = 127. Program it to 0. That’s right, 0.

Now when you move the modulation wheel [foot controller in your case] you have total control over the volume of the Voice. The position of the modulation wheel is now an absolute representation of the current common volume, 0-127. We call this process ‘biasing’ the parameter (in this case, volume) to the controller. In other words, it will now look to this controller (mod wheel)[foot controller in your case] for volume instructions.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 24, 2017 @ 05:29 PM
WaddyP
Joined  08-19-2009

Thanks for all the help folks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Trouble with Installation of Firewire to Mac
Next Topic:

Extra note firing ››